Being investigated at hospital......

amandapanda

Reaction score
My routine midwife appointment yesterday showed up 3+++ protein in my urine which is very high so I've been referred to hospital for tests. Pre-eclampsia has been mentioned but my blood pressure is fine and I have no other symptoms so I don't think they seriously think it's that.

Have been to hospital today for more urine tests, protein is now 2++ but labs have said the protein is still far too high so I now have to do a 24 hour urine sample and return tomorrow....basically I have to wee in a jug for the next 24 hours and collect every little bit...lovely!!

They've taken some bloods to check my kidney and liver function and also full blood count.

Am not really worried....midwife mentioned protein can be caused by discharge or loss of plug and at 39 weeks + 2 that could well be the case...but I understand they need to be on the safe side and rule out other causes.

Whatever it is or isn't doesn't really matter to me....I just want this baby to come soon!! :dance: xx

Last edited:
Well I've already spoken to you through text but I hope you're taking it easy anyway :)

Being investigated sounds like you've done something naughty :lol:

Yeh I thought "oooh what's she done" when I read the thread title :lol:

I'm sure everything's ok but glad they are airing on the side of caution x

Aww no way... Im not really sure what to say, u seem pretty chilled out and i think thats the best way to be, especially coz u are 39+2 now so if baby had to come out now then its not too early or anything.

Glad they are looking out for u though, and fingers crossed the blood tests come back all good and it is just the discharge & plug loss... i really hope baby makes an appearance soon. As for weeing in a jug at least its easier than them stupid little pots they give... i always manage to get it all over my hands haha!

xxx

Aww hope allnis well and its just plug or something coz baby is starting to move!

i thought it was something naughty haha nice for being on wee collecting duty lol hope its something simple causing it :) xx

happy jug weeing lol....

ur little dude going to be here soon :)

Ha, that was the plan for me - to wee in a jug for 24 hours! Plus, my protien levels were +3 as well - so be prepared to be admitted if your blood results come back weird!

Hope its all ok though :thumbup:
xx

Good luck, where you having baby? I'm in Sheffield, (technically it's Rotherham) and I went to bassetlaw at worksop. X

Ah Amanda, I thought all your dramas were over! Good that your BP and stuff is ok though so hopefully it's just a sign that little one is on his way! Hope all goes well and that you remember to wash the jug out before you next make Pimms!!!

xx

Fingers crossed everthing is ok otherwise Amanda. Keep us posted!

Hope everything is all ok, at least they are keeping a close eye on you and baby

wishaponastar - That comment about the pimms jug made me laugh so much!

Hopefully wont be long until you meet your little one now, how exciting! Keep us posted xx

Hopefully everything will be fine but at least they are checking just incase. Keep us updated! xx

Amanda, how are you doing today chick, just seen your thread? xx

Hopefully she's just concentrating on peeing in her jug!

Hope all is ok hun! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back