BFP - OMG! advice on next steps please :)

jae2010

Reaction score
Hey everyone - need to share this new as OH is at work until tonight and thinking he might faint if i call him and tell him! but did a cb digi this morning and it was a bfp! yay! was using internet cheapies but don't trust them so kept thinking they were evap lines :)

should i ring my gp surgery today to book an appointment or leave it for a bit - haven't got a clue what to do next!

Hey Jae!! Congrats on your BFP!! I'd ring your GPs surgery although they may not book you in with a midwife until 9-12 weeks depending on where you live, they may get you in to see your GP. There isnt much else to do until 12 weeks :D Just look after yourself!

xxx

firstly congratulations! i would ring gp and they can advise you on how it works in your area! :D

Hey well done and huge congratulations!

Yeah I would def get an apoointment and get booked in with the midwife!

How far on are you? xx

Thanks for the quick response - I've just been reading all the things I can't eat :( and no wine for the next 9 months...oh dear! I'll ring the GP and see what they say....this is scary stuff!

Hey! ahh thats great news sweetie! i basically rang my gp surgery and they gave my number to the midwife who does a telephone consultation with you, then you get a letter in the post that tells you your midwife proper appointment and a separate leaflet with scan permission, as soon as they recieve that back they send you a date for scan. thats the process i went through! so excited for you!!! welcome to first trimester! x

Scary but exiting :D The start of a wonderful journey :)

Go over to the tri 1 forums and ask any questions that you may have. All the girls here are awesome :)

xxx

clearblue digi said 2-3 weeks....i thought it would say 1-2 as I'm only 14dpo....its funny i ordered a load of hpt's from amazon and they arrived yesterday and randomly I took one (well that turned into 3 throughout the day!) and it was positive...then i bought a clear blue normal and that had a big blue cross on it still didn't believe it until i saw it on the digital...i must've spent £30 on hpts in the last three days :)

do you think the 2-3 weeks means I implanted early? anyone else had that happen?

I think ovulation can vary sometimes so it's entirely possible. I never charted at all so i'm not sure.

xx

I didn't char ovulation either...funnily enough i bought some of those cheap ov tests from amazon too - guessing i can put those away for a bit! i will ring the gp now i think!

mine said 2-3 weeks too, not sure if it was correct or anything as i wasnt TTC it was a surprise lol. ive heard they arent awesomely accurate, so dont know! you got a BFP though i guess it doesnt matter how early you ovulated or anything! haha xxx

I've just called the doctors they've booked me an appt for the middle of August with the midwife...guess I'll just be sitting tight until then!

CONGRATS on you BFP that's so exciting!!! I just got mine less than a week ago too!!! I took 6 tests because I couldn't believe it. Even though I did get all those +'s I still called and made an apt. to talk to dr. and had them do a blood test to confirm then after that we just talked and she was extremely helpful and let me know stages of things that we will be going through and also my due date so I would make that apt. and then you can address all your questions and they are aware of your pregnancy!!! congrats again I guess we'll be due right around the same time!!!!!:stork:

thanks the congrats lspencer! congrats to you too :) unfortunately my gp's aren't the most helpful and the receptionists screen everyone with their 'what is wrong with you' when you try to book an appt! so i think i might have to wait a month! doesn't nine months seems an awfully long way away at the moment!!!

it seems like it's going to be an eternity!!!! I would just make something up such as i have REALLY bad cramps or i'm getting sick a lot, something like that or else you could just tell them that you took a urine test and it was postive but you want a blood test, they shouldn't be able to refuse to see you or you could just do what I did and take 6 of them LOL!!! good luck

Oh congrats how exciting hurrah. The doctors date I think like the digtests. Even though you are technically 2 weeks since you ov and conceived, they date you back to your last period so that would make sense wouldnt it??? not sure if that came out right ??? oh anyway bloomin good luck xxx

:bump:Huge congrats to you on your BFP, great news, bet youv'e told Hubby now, and he's as over the moon as you are - well done - look forward to you going into Trimester 1 X:stork:

Hi there. had a BFP on sunday and still cant believe that it was positive! Hurrah no more waiting for that eternal 2 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back