Bicornuate uterus

Littlestar

Reaction score
This so far has been the most worrying 7weeks 4days I think I have every experienced I'm pretty sure nothing can come close.
As posted perviously I was worrying before my early scan as pervious pregnancies have ended in misscarriages missed or natural. myself and my parter are overjoyed all through I have been doing all the worrying.

A couple of days ago we had are early scan and anxious I was. Little 7weeks 4days and a heartbeat present couldn't of been happier wow finally the good luck that we deserve.
But then they leave the room to get someone else and your
mind starts going crazy like your re living the same nightmare as before.

Well turns out little smudge at the moment is fine with a heartbeat. But I have an abnormal uterus which is heart shaped instead of the normal pear shape. Meaning I have to sections a left and a right sepertated with a septum in the centre. Was told that this is the reason we have miscarried in the past.

And that was all we were told. I was giving my scan notes to take to my booking appointment when I'm 10weeks.

So with out knowing to much about this I have come home and done my own research and I'm a mess the majority of information I have found states that most pregnancies end in miscarriage and that your be unable to carry full term because of lack of room for baby. To read this after having to pervious miscarriages I'm distraught babes in the right horn and left is empty so don't know if baby is in the right place.

I was told by doctor before we found this out that i would probably have to be refered to a consultant and monitored and this goes the same for the bicornuate uterus but so far I've been left alone still being treated as if I were having a healthy pregnancy waiting 3 more weeks to speak to some about this is to long and my next scan isn't for another month.

this is meant to be a happy time and I am worried sick, I can't sleep all I do is cry I can't concentrate on anything else I'm so scared. to make things worse my partners he's away on business with work just when you need them the most. I'm more frustrated that this hasn't been picked up in the past and it could have been rectified before all of this I just dont want to go through all this heartache and loss again.

I'm going to try and get an appointment at my doctors today.

So sorry for the long post. Is there anyone else that maybe in a similar position or any advise
please.

Thank you xxxxxx

You want to speak to Mamafy, she's got a similar/the same condition I think and would be the best person to answer your questions.

I have one, but was told its fine baby will have enough room, you may be prone to bleeding as the other side of the uterus is empty, only thing I was told by midwife is that you will be under consultant care and the baby may be breech do to lack of room to turn which may result in a c section, Im seeing a consultant when Im 16 weeks, so will know more then. As frankie says , mamafy can help more she gave me loads of advice,
Congrats on your pregnancy btw :D

P.s My baby is in the right horn to

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14