Blocked Tube, why no IUI?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey girlies this one is for my sister as I dint have a blocked tube but she dies. Just incase anyone was thinking eh is this a new thing fir you!! LOL

Anyway she had an HSG and was told that they couldn't get a lot of dye down her right tube. They said it was blocked at the top they think.She gets a regular monthly period and positive OPK's monthly and bloods show she is ovulating. She was basically told that her next step has to be IVF. The wai here in Glasgow is 2 years which is obviously a heck of a long time. I know she has a chance if getting a BFP but has been trying already for about 2 years and is 33.

My question is why is IUI not an option with a blocked tube? She would get this quicker. It would give something to try in the mean time surely. Also should they not find out why and what the reason is for the blocked tube? She asked about a laparoscopy and the reply was no its just more evasive surgery. Just looking for any advice.

She is in no position to pay privately so this isnt an option.

The body doesn't always OV on both sides so if she OVed on the wrong side I think it would be pointless as the sperm and egg wouldn't meet.

Clomid might give eggs on both sides, she could ask to try naturally with that during the ivf wait? :)

What about repairing/unblocking the tube, if it's caused by infection there could be adhesions in the uterus too that could make thinks more difficult, perhaps these things might be more of a private docs area, they just seem to go hsg, clomid, iui, ivf, rather than solve problems for natural TTC??:wall2:

Xx

Hi hon basically what maybe said. The sperm need the tube to travel. IVF may be more effective as it bypasses all if that. I know she said private is not an option but what about paying for an initial consultation to see what her options are xxx

An hsg can in more cases than the nhs will like to admit cause a spasm in one or both tubes. If they think there is a blockage it could be. Or the tube could have spasmed making it appear blocked. I would push for a redo of the hsg or a hycosy which is basicallt the new version of of nhs but is done with fluid and a scan rather than dye and an xray and has a lesser chance os spasming. If the nhs so no u can get a hycosy done at hope fertiliity in glasgow for £377.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back