Blocked Tube

xXxBonnyxXx

Reaction score
I know I'm not exactly TTC at the moment - but I am now wondering how difficult conceiving will be with one blocked tube?

I am just worried about what the next step will be for me,

How do Tubes end up blocked?
I've never had an STD and have just had the all clear for these as my doctor wanted to rule this out again,

Sorry Hun I'm no help on this but I hope you get some answers x

Sorry to hear your HSG result, I can't offer much help on why they get blocked but can't they clear them sometimes with drilling or is that something else and Im getting confused?

Do STD's cause blocked tubes? :/ I've had an STD once.
I really have no idea hun but I wish you all the best xxx

I think sti's can cause blocked tubes when left untreated for a long time, clamydia i think.

Sorry about your result bonny, I know women who have ectopics and have to have one tube removed can still get pregnant as long as one is still clear. I think endometriosis (sp?) can give you blocked tubes as well. maybe go and have a chat with your GP.

xx

:hug: I have one blocked tube and one that appeared to be partially blocked - they thought it was blocked too much for it to give me much chance of conceiving naturally, but apparently not... It did take a long time to get pregnant with Sam (2 years), but I'm not sure whether something in the partially blocked tube changed in that time, as we managed to conceive Toby in only 3 months.

I think sometimes there's no explanation for tubes being blocked. Mine were because my appendix ruptured 6 years ago, and I had so much infection around my tubes and then scar tissue surrounding them and my ovaries. We're now on our 4th month of trying this time, and hoping it won't be too much of an issue again, although I always have it in the back of my mind that I could be ovulating on the other side (although having said that there have been cases of women getting pregnant with one ovary and one tube on opposite sides). I also have two friends who have had one tube removed after ectopics and both have since had a baby, although one had been trying for over a year. Lots of :dust: for you x x

Last edited:
Hey Bonny, sorry to hear about you results.

I don't have any experience / knowledge, did the docs give you any additional info? I guess with one tube it may take a little longer to conceive, but it shouldn't rule it out altogether as Sam's Mum said.

Best of luck with the long term plans, I really hope everything falls into place for you soon xxx

Hey Bonny sorry about your news. What I heard was Pelvic Inflamatory Disease can cause this which is possible to get without an STI.
xxx

Thanks for the replies girls, I guess I'll know more once I get his sperm results back and then go back to the doctor to get the full results, I'm only going off what the nurse told me at the time of the HSG.

I am hoping that this isn't going to affect me too much in the future - but I would like to try and find out what could have caused it - I've never had an STI and I'm not sure about endometriosis - but I have no other symptoms,

Hopefully it will be something that is easily sorted, I'm not sure when I'm going to be TTC again but I want to know well in advance what the course of action would be - I don't think I could wait for another year when I decide to TTC before I would be able to go to the doctors.

I only have one working tube and ovary and endometriosis and seem to be lucky that I haven't had any problems conceiving - always caught the first time. My Gyno said having one tube shouldnt drastically decrease your chances of conceiving as he said the other side usually compensates for this but I do only have one working ovary - so I think that ovary is now functional every month as the other one has no blood supply. The last 2 operations I've had they haven't even be able to find the abnormal tube and ovary as it actually sits in the wrong place also. They are pulled higher up in my body, probably a birth defect. My Endo has been lasered and touch wood seems to have stayed that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back