Blood test saga continues....**updated****

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
You may rememebr my ongoing probs with blood tests..had 7 lots now since my 28 week appointment, they kept losing them, labelling them wrong etc etc...finally had an appointment with hozzie last monday.
In meantime, had ANOTHER recall on urine sample, thats the FIFTH since my hozzie stay 5 weeks ago, letter says I may have a mild infection (no s**t Sherlock, I have been telling them that for 5 weeks now for FOOKS sake)

Dropped pee sampleto docs today, and asked for blood results...good news is my thyroid, full blood and glucose are all fine (they thought I may have gestational diabetes (sp?)) so thats a relief. The only thing they are waiting on is B 12 results, which have come back as low on two other occasions..

Anyone else had low B12, is it bad, what will they do?? Got to ring again wednesday to speak to doc... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I might be wrong, so dont quote me on it, but isnt B12 your iron levels?

:think:

Found this for you Zoe:

To produce red blood cells, the body needs, among other things, iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid (one of the B group of vitamins). If one or more of these ingredients is lacking, anaemia will develop.

So think you'll need some supplements to up your level?

I aksed doc about anameia, and the doc said I wasnt anamiec (sp?) at my appointment 2 weeks ago...I took folic acid while TTCing for 2 years and up till 16 weeks :think:

I shall wait and see what they say wednesday, I reckon bubba will be born before I get a defo answer on what is wrong with me!! :wall:

Typical....

Doesn't sound like anything serious though. so that a positive... I know that your B vitamins help with blood and I was always advised to take extra Vit B6 when I had really bad periods as it helps with cramps... don't know how relevant this is.

Hopsitals and Doctors are crap!

At lst finally got some answers after ringing again yesterday and demanding to speak to doc....my B12 levels are low, and they are starting me on B12 injections next friday. Its not serious he says, so thank God its getting sorted.

Its only taken 11 weeks or so to get to this point :wall:

bloody doctors!!!!

at least its getting sorted now even though it took 11 weeks!!!!!

Go stand outside and scream ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't do anything to sort out the situation but may make you feel better!

Gutted for you that it still isn't sorted! I actually thought "oh God!" when I saw this post!!!!!

Good Luck for Friday!!!!!!

:hug: Thanks Lynds, I know you have been having probs too with hozzies/docs. Bleeding NHS, will be glad to finally get it sorted and not have to be on pins waiting for results/recalls :roll:

yeah I do know where your coming from - BUT - it will soon all be over and then you ( and I ) can get on with getting to know our little ones in peace!!!!!!!!

Oh Zoe...what a palava as usual!!

Kinda puts you off ever getting pregnant again doensnt it???

Glad you got it sorted though, even though it is bloomin late!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back