Bloody hv!!!!

vickib_1984

Reaction score
They've cancelled my appointment at baby clinic this Thursday and in the letter they put we can no longer offer an appointment to mothers with "healthy thriving babies now you must go to the drop in clinic" wtf!!!!! So because my baby is thriving you won't give me any more apps and make me travel 10 miles and wait over an hour to be seen???!!!! Pissed off much!!!!!

xxx

Lol sent that too soon!

That's terrible hun, we are only down the road from our drop in clinic and my HV said she'd come every week til I could drive after the c-section. I insisted I'd walk there cos I couldn't be arsed to tidy up every wednesday lol, but she still offered!

Excuse my ignorance. But is that not fairly standard. We've only had appointments for jabs since her first lot at 8weeks. Just go to the drop in -ours is first come first served, so if your down early you don't have to wait long.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Well no because they have baby clinic at my surgery every week when James was born I was told I could take him there no problem as it was closer to be told yea then refuse to see you isn't right IMO!!

xxx

Excuse my ignorance. But is that not fairly standard. We've only had appointments for jabs since her first lot at 8weeks. Just go to the drop in -ours is first come first served, so if your down early you don't have to wait long.

Xxx

We have the same system I've met my HV once as her clinic is 2 busses away but I have a centre over the road that's become my second home. I get there early and I've never been worse off than 4th in line. Does your OH drive? Our centre has a couple of weekend clinics a month too.

I've never been to mine. HV came once and that's it. I am fine she is eating fine. So no need to go.

I couldn't walk after having my ds (broken ankle 10 days before his was born) and was on crutches and non weight bearing and my hv turned up once to my house. Then they had the cheek at the drop in centre to moan because I hadn't taken him to get weighed!if they had cared that much they'd have come to me!

I had to walk up to ours from the start and I have to go every other week!! I was dead on legs to start with!!
xxx

We used to get him weighed at the hospital til 6 weeks old and then we were told to go the drop in clinic and we take a ticket and wait. I've never really taken him often as he eats well (more than well he's a ganet!) so I've only ever really gone as something to do lol. X

I take him every 2 weeks as he's a big lad!!! He's 14 weeks thus Thursday, 2 weeks ago at 12 weeks he weighed 15lb 3oz, I was told I could go there no problem if I could get to the drop in clinic early I would but it starts at 8.45 when in at Thomas school, takes me 20 mins to get there then a 1 hour wait as every one is there!!!! My surgery is up the road from school so was ideal especially when I made the app, it's the way they worded the letter really that got my goat really, I just like to keep an eye on his gain really and it doesn't help I live out in the sticks......I so want to move!!!!!

xxx

Unfortunately, there have been a lot of cuts to the health visiting service recently. This has led to having to reduce the services to families who need less assistance. You should be able to access them if you need to, but a lot of the routine stuff is going.

This is standard procedure in my area too. We had 2 visits from the HV then she advised me to go to the clinic every other week to get him weighed. Won't have a scheduled appointment with the HV til 9 months now but they're always on the other end of the phone if we need advice x

Xxx

We have the same system I've met my HV once as her clinic is 2 busses away but I have a centre over the road that's become my second home. I get there early and I've never been worse off than 4th in line. Does your OH drive? Our centre has a couple of weekend clinics a month too.

I have this same procedure too. Luckily it's only a 10 minute walk from my house. 10 miles is an awful long journey for you though. I would be missed about that.

I only had one visit from HV and then was told to go to walk in clinic. Luckily it's only a couple of miles away, but there's no parking there. Ten miles is a fair trek.

They only do it at the surgery because we are in a rural area and are under the rural hv team luckily hubby is off work Friday so will take me then I rang them and they said I'm not entitled to go to the surgery one as I'm not registered there????!!!!! All 4 of us are!!!!! Hubby is there every week and Thomas every 4 which reminds me I forgot about asthma clinic today!!!!! Shit!!!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back