Boredom!

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Ok so I haven't started maternity leave yet, I'm not due to leave work for another 2 and a half weeks.

Today I had a day's holiday, but didn't actually have any plans, just kind of thought I would have a mooch around, do a bit of shopping, housework etc. By about 1pm I was so bored of my own company, I hate having no plans and having to amuse myself! I went for a swim, then went to the shops, had lunch and then just felt really bored and annoyed!

Now I am worrying that I am not going to be able to fill my time when on maternity leave and that the time is just going to drag :wall2: I'm not a big fan of spending time alone, and I'm terrified that I'm going to be utterly miserable until baby arrives.

Any suggestions of what I can do? xx

Are you crafty/arty at all? You could spend some time making something for the baby, even if it's just a scrapbook or something. If you can sew then lots more projects you could get stuck into.

Fill your freezer up with meals in advance.

See if you can go along to an NCT coffee morning to meet people.

I am self-employed so I have a lot of 'spare' time, I find that I am a lot better if I plan my week out in advance, even if I don't stick to the plan it gives me some structure

x x

I can't really help, I'm not to worried about having time off on my own! I ave been of work since Monday and so far no got bored, well I was a little Tuesday as my DH didn't get home til gone 8pm, so it was a long day. I have so much stuff to sort out at home that I know for at least the next few weeks I'm gong to be busy. Got hospital bags to sort, my bedroom to sort to make room for baby, baby's nursery to paint and clear, loads of other general tidying around the house to make room for baby's things, washing and organising of baby clothes etc

Do u have any jobs to do like that to keep u occupied on some days? Xx

Are you crafty/arty at all? You could spend some time making something for the baby, even if it's just a scrapbook or something. If you can sew then lots more projects you could get stuck into.

Fill your freezer up with meals in advance.

See if you can go along to an NCT coffee morning to meet people.

I am self-employed so I have a lot of 'spare' time, I find that I am a lot better if I plan my week out in advance, even if I don't stick to the plan it gives me some structure

x x

Yes I do like crafty things. I can't sew, but a scrap book sounds like a good idea :)

I think it will be ok if i know I have things to keep me busy!

I can't really help, I'm not to worried about having time off on my own! I ave been of work since Monday and so far no got bored, well I was a little Tuesday as my DH didn't get home til gone 8pm, so it was a long day. I have so much stuff to sort out at home that I know for at least the next few weeks I'm gong to be busy. Got hospital bags to sort, my bedroom to sort to make room for baby, baby's nursery to paint and clear, loads of other general tidying around the house to make room for baby's things, washing and organising of baby clothes etc

Do u have any jobs to do like that to keep u occupied on some days? Xx

I kind of wish we hadn't already painted the nursery now! Lol! I still have to paint the door frames and the skirting board in the living room, but I'm trying to save these jobs until I'm really bored! I do also have to sort out my hospital bag....and wash baby's clothes! I think I'm just panicking after being so bored today, but it doesn't help that it's a miserable day. Hopefully it will warm up a bit for when my maternity leave starts! xx

I think I find it harder having just one day off than actually being off completely! Because I have more days off now I am finding it easier to think about what jobs I want to do and take my time doing them. Although to be honest when I had just one day off work the last thing I would want to do is rearrange furniture, but because I know I'm not going to tire myself out for work I find more interest in doing those jobs. Hope this makes some sort of sense lol xx

Im having the same fears as i was off wednesday and didnt have much to do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back