Boy or Girl prediction

crackers24

Reaction score
At the anomally scan DH and I decided to find out the gender of LO. Doc told us it's a girl. Some people have told me that the docs get it wrong sometimes. Just want to find out how true this is. So, if you decided to find out the gender of your little one, did the doctor get it right.
I've started buying girls clothing but in the back of my mind i keep wondering if the doctor's got it right :?

Yup our doctor got it wrong :rotfl: :rotfl: We were told at our 20week scan that it was 90% positive that we were having a boy, he even wrote it in our notes. So we painted the nursery blue (as you can see)
100_1417.jpg

We got a blue pushchair, brought boxes of boy clothes off ebay... picked out a boys name...everything...

If everything had been normal otherwise we wouldn't have known until lil miss popped out, that she was really a girl... But I had low fluid levels and had to go back to see the obgyn a few weeks later..: We saw a different one and she asked us if we knew the sex of the baby where we confidently said..."Oh yes, its a boy" to which she replied... "Oh no its a girl :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: "

She even got the original obgyn to come in and see and he said that it was the earliest sex change he'd ever seen :lol: :lol: :lol: Because he had very definitely seen a willy and some testicles... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I never did give birth to them either, so I have no idea where they went? :think:

Needless to say its rare... so don't worry... :D And well having a happy healthy baby is all that really matters :)

I didn't choose to find out with my older 2 but did with number 3 and they got her right. We will be finding out again this time. It's never happened to anyone I know, although I have heard of 'a friend of a friend...' etc!

I wont know with this one for a while but they were right with my other 3!
Though they did tell my auntie she was having a boy when she infact had a girl!
I think in general if they say girl they are ususally right but if they say boy then it could be the cord they see in the way etc and be wrong?! Thats my theory lol!

All of mine so far have been right and we actually saw willy and balls with this one so imo they are right again :D

hennaly said:
All of mine so far have been right and we actually saw willy and balls with this one so imo they are right again :D
:rotfl: Well yes thats a pretty good clue Hen! ;) heehee

I got told 'probably' a girl. There were 2 of them at the scan and they both agreed. So i took that. But OH and others just told me not to be definate on that. When i packed my hospital bag i put in a neutral outfit just in case.

I wanted to know if i was having a boy or girl with my first pregnancy but he had his legs crossed :evil:
I just had a feeling that he was going to be a boy even though the hospital staff and my midwife said a girl from the heartbeat.
3 of my friends were told wrong, but that was probably them taking a 'maybe' for a 'definitley' :lol:

lea m said:
hennaly said:
:rotfl: Well yes thats a pretty good clue Hen! ;) heehee
I dont know what you mean!!! :wink: :rotfl:

We only get 1 scan here and it's at 12 weeks so I had to go to baby bond for a gender scan at 19 weeks. We were told a boy and that's what we had. It was rather difficult not to see the boys bits as we got a sneek preview of him in 3D.

We found out at our 4d scan at 26 weeks that it was a girl but at every 2d scan after that I asked for the sex and they all said girl. Never once was told a boy. If I had gotten told 'you've got a boy!' when I popped her out I'd have fainted! :rotfl:

yes sometimes they can et it wrong, that was one of my concerns, esp. as my daughter was so shy at the 20-wk scans crossing her legs, the sonographers sounded quite uncertain. i wanted to buy pink (i love pink! lol) so i got a private gender 3d scan at 33 weeks they had been right she was indeed a girl!

at my 20week scan they said boy, but I went for a private scan at 32weeks just to be sure lol. And sure enough, there were boy bits floating about ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back