Breastfed babies and 'follow-on' formulas

clarey

Reaction score
Anyone with breastfed babies given them follow on milks for any reason? I am having problems keeping Eva asleep at night and wondering if she is just not feeling full enough, I think my supply has dropped quite a bit recently so thinking she might not be getting enough at her bedtime feed......anyway I have a sample sachet of Hipp Goodnight milk and wondered if anyone had tried it in similar circumstances and had a good result!?
We are desperate for sleep which itself is probably affecting my supply, so might try this as a one off (and express so i dont affect it further :roll: )

What do you think? Or am I clutching at straws lol :)

I couldn't get Angel to take it! She just refuses a bottle and i too had a sachet of follow on. I give Angel a weetabix at bedtime on the advice from the HV. It seems to do the trick as she doesn't very often wake for a feed. Worth a try anyway.

you might find it has the opposite effect, Seren always seemed to have worse nights if she had any formula - I think it was because it was heavier.

i couldnt get leland to take that goodnight stuff even tho he was on gaviscon in his milk ( so thicker ) it was awfull !

why not try some tea, like a slice of toast or banna ?

It doesn't matter how much milk Phoebe has... she is just a bad sleeper. She's been on follow on milk for about a month now. :hug: :hug:

Hmmm I suspect Eva is just a bad sleeper too lo :D Just being hopeful I think! I might try a few sppons of porridge before bed tonight see if that helps :pray:

DOH!!!

I just sat down after getting Eva to sleep and remembered about the cereal! :wall:

Will have a go tomorrow.....thanks for your ideas! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back