Breastfeeders - just curious...

Verity2011

Reaction score
Just wondering how long everyone would like to breatfeed for ideally?

I love it so much, I can't imagine ever stopping (I will of course lol)!

I would of loved too do atleast 6 months. I loved it but sadly stopped when my LO was 4.5 months x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

14 months for me and Isla. I had wound down to so few feeds that she preferred her cows milk over me :( x

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ideally at least 6months, but with shields and no decent latch, I'm trying to to look too far ahead, a week at a time at the moment. Xxx

If I didn't stop I would of liked to still be bf now at 19 months. I think until 2 is a nice age and would aim for thy next time.

I'm planning on a year but will let Henry decide when enough is enough.

Until A doesn't want it anymore. He's 8.5 months and down to 3 feeds a day. I'd imagine that this will drop to 2 in the next few weeks. to at least a year definitely.

I'm going to continue until she's 2 or until she doesn't want it anymore. I originally planned 6 months, then 1 year, but as each comes I don't want to stop :D

I would of loved too do atleast 6 months.

Last edited:
6 months at least but I would say a year now that month is coming. I'll reduce the feeds as he goes on solids but can't see me getting up out of bed to make a follow on milk bottle when I have perfectly good milk to hand! Pure laziness I know!

Until he wants to give up. Hopefully a year would be ideal

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I wanted to exclusively breastfeed till 6 months but have jad to add 2 bottles as he wasnt puting on weight, i now plan to bottle feed in the day and just give the night and morning one breast.
xxxx

6 months ideally if i can establish enough of a supply to keep her happy and put on weight. atm im topping up 2 or 3 feeds a day

Awww all you ladies are doing amazingly!

I'm hoping for at least a year too but would love to go longer if he still wants.

I'm taking every day as it comes, really proud of myself for doing it! Was thinking of doing it until he gets teeth, or until about 6 months old maybe. Not too sure.

1st was 6 m then I decided to start weaning her onto formula at 10 m she self weened of breast on her 1st birthday x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back