Breastfeeding dilemma

Icecream

Reaction score
My baby girl as suddenly taken a disliking to my left breast. She will scream to be fed, or suck on her clothes, then when I pick her up to feed she won't take that breast no matter how hard I try. I end up putting her on the right because she screams at me. She takes the right breast with no problems, but then she will get full and only take the left for a tiny feed, or not at all. What can I do?

Have you tried different positions with the left breast, e.g. lying down?

She always lies down to feed. I don't think I can quite master the upright position..

By lying down I meant you lying down to feed her. I am assuming you are normally feeding her lying in your arms.

madi used to do that she had a faverouite! but if you try different ways i think she will take it

Tghe football hold is a good one as baby lies the same way as they would on their favourite breast.

Nicky_Jones said:
By lying down I meant you lying down to feed her. I am assuming you are normally feeding her lying in your arms.

Sorry, ues of course. I tried that when she wouldn't feed at all, and still do it sometimes for bonding, but didn't think. I'll try and see what happens..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back