Bump comments.....

1stBump12

Reaction score
Does anyone else get inappropriate comments about size/weight etc or people coming up and touching their bump?!?

I'm proud to be pregnant and haven't been hiding underneath tents, but equally I'm not wearing very tight clothes - but I'm getting really fed up with people touching (or trying to touch) my bump! They wouldn't do it if I wasn't pregnant so why do they feel the need to now?? I have no problem with my Mum/Hubby/Friends doing it - but random people I object to!! They don't even ask!!

Sorry for the rant, but I called into where my Mum works today and her manager (who I don't really like anyway) came up to me and touched my bump and said something along the lines of 'I see it's growing' (well it would, wouldn't it :wall2:) and then asked me when I was finishing work - when I said end of September she turned around and said 'Well that's a bit early isn't it?' Like it's any of her business!

Rant over ;)

I know exactly how you feel - somehow being pregnant makes us public property :mad: I am going to get a t-shirt with the words 'hands off my bump' written across it :lol: Nothing more annoying than strangers wanting to touch you - urggghhhh :mad:

Some people really are just too familiar, I got it a couple of weeks ago but put them in their place. Just think, they have been cheeky to you so it warrants a sarky responce!

x

It can be the most annoying thing ever. Especially getting told daily that you are massive and that the baby must be a big one. So lovely to hear.:mad::mad::mad:

I've had a few "weight / bump" comments but if anyone other than OH, close family or dear friends touch the bump they'll get told to eff off!!

xxxxxxxxxx

i hated people touching ym bump x

No-one has tried to touch my bump except OH, which is good because they'd get poked back. Lots of people saying bump is growing every time I see them. I've no idea why they think they need to point it out repeatedly.

I'm not looking forward to this, randoms touching my bump is just weird and rude!

I'm not sure how I feel about this - I'm so keen to be showing more, I might not mind it, but I guess complete strangers touching me would p*ss me off!! Difficult to know how to handle it really as you don't want to be arsey do you? I suppose it's just for a short time (well, about 4 more months for you!) and as long as they don't keep on doing it maybe jusy grin and bear it...?? How do you think you'll deal with it? xxx

When my sister was pregnant I didn't even touch her bump until she made me, it's personal. I get your OH or family but even then it's uncomfortable. Random people trying to touch the bump freaks me out. I really hope that doesn't happen to me as I'd hate it, it wouldn't surprise me as I don't drive so if ever I get public transport I have the image of some weirdo coming over and trying it. Argh.

A scary lady (gypsy looking origins) came up to me in the hospital where I work and put her hand on my bump and said 'it's a girl in there'. She totally freaked me out and I was in tears. Complete stranger totally invaded MY personal space at work! I was gobsmacked! I was only 16 weeks and didn't know the sex at that point.

How dare people! Xxx

Doya no what im really rude to people when a remarks made loooool x

I was at a hen party last week and some drunken idiot grabbed my bump in the toilets and started rubbing it and cooing
"ooh look at the baby"

If my arms weren't trapped in crutches and holding me up I would have done something about it ... But I just looked around looking helplessly for someone to come to my rescue

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

If a stranger touches my bump I'll be getting very rude to them!

Only family have had a little touch of bump so far, not even my very close work colleagues have had a feel of bump.

I was working for my mum and dad yesterday in their convenience store, when a man I barely know (may have seen him a couple of times before), said 'Wow, well you've got fat haven't you?'
If he wasn't a customer and I wasn't working, he would've got a rude reply..
Really?!?! You don't say that to people..

Hmmm - nice to know it's not just me being over-sensitive ;)

I've bought a top online with "Hands Off The Bump" on it........ :smug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back