c section wound infection

babynumbertwo

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have a nasty wound infection and the wound itself is not healing very well. I've had 1 lot of antibiotics which didn't work and i've just started 2nd lot. Anybody else had this experience - i was wondering about how long it will take to heal. Doctor said to take things easy but my hubby has already finished his paternity leave so it's easier said than done with 2 kids to look after! Thanks for reading and for any replies x

My sister had a C section and it healed badly. Was such a trauma for her she has sworn off having any more children :( Of course, not everyone will have the problems she had. I think hers was a severe case and she was bad for months after having her son.

I'd have a chat to your HV and maybe go back to see your GP also. If its not healing then they really need to get on it and sort it out asap for you.

Hiya hun,

I thought i was getting an infection as i was having some pussing but it seems to have died down. Its still a bit swollen though. Takes a while to settle i think. I realy hope you feel better soon. I cant imagine having to look after 2 kids after a section.. 1 baby was hard enough!

Claire x

Thanks girls. I'm happy to report that finally - after 6 weeks - it has eventually cleared up. Took a lot of rest and a lot of antibiotics!

Can I just say to anybody reading who has recently had a section please take it easy. I felt really well and so tried to carry on as normal. The district nurse who came to dress my wound said that doing too much had probably prevented it from healing as quickly as it should. I suppose I've learned the hard way that they say rest for 6 weeks for a reason! Still, at least I'm better for christmas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back