Painful sex after C Section

amandapanda

Reaction score
Well felt ready to have sex for the first time since Asher was born 4 weeks ago - was totally shocked to find that the pain was AGONISING!! Wasn't expecting that at all seeing as I didn't have a vaginal delivery - honestly it was so painful and burning that I had to tell him to stop! The pain wasn't anything to do with my c section wound - it was all internal within the vagina. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've done a bit of reading online and have found that perhaps 4 weeks after c section is a bit soon!! Also it says that when you have the c section all your uterus muscles and ligaments are pulled and stretched and this in turn pulls the vaginal muscles which is why it can be painful.

Please tell me it gets better - the last thing I need after emergency c section and terrible wound infection is to find that I can't even have sex anymore :-(

We dtd 3 weeks after my section and I cried. It was awful. I too thought as I'd not had a vaginal birth it should be ok but it was so not. I think the pregnancy juices (pardon my language lol) helped and once they had gone it made sex really really painful for me :(

It will get better xx

yes it will get better.
I had the same after seciton and also about 4 weeks after we dtd. It was pretty sore and felt v different (kinda like there was no room!) but 2nd time we invested in lube (tmi!) but from what others have said i think it's pretty normal to be quite dry after birth as everything is changing back again, hormones etc.
Good luck for next time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back