can anybody help me please?

rhian85

Reaction score
2 weeks ago christopher had a head injury but thankfully he was okay after he was monitored for 5 hours on childrens ward they let him come home.

however 2 days after he refused food for 4 days HV said not to worry that was last friday. he started eating a bit on sunday. but since monday he has been really funny with food - i dont know if the two are related but before the fall he had 3 solid meals a day 2 of those with puddings and 2 8oz bottles one with brkfst and one befor bed.

however since monday he will only have the following:

brkfst - 7oz bottle drinks 5 and mix his cereal with the rest which he eats

luch - he wont eat - just cries/winges

tea - wnt eat food but will take 6oz and then what ever milk is left i mix with cereal as thats all i can get him to eat.

he has also been a bit more sleepy he has an hour mid morning then and hour mid afternoon then bed at 7pm-8.30am where as he used to only have 30mins in morning - 30mins in the afternoon.

no temp or anything but im worried and HV is crap just keeps telling me he will get appettite (sp) back

please help :cry: :cry:

Might be unrelated, when Paris was around 6 months she refused milk and food, just eating yoghurts for about 2 weeks solid :hug:

I was told that when they start teething it can put them off their food. Could this be it?

Hi,
My daughter had a virus for a few days when she was 6 months. She had a temp and cried all the time if she wasn't in my arms. As she recovered day by day she was still off food on most meal times and sobbed alot in between times. As the days went on she gradually got better and her appetite came back. Babies can go down very quickly when they are ill and it takes a while to get back to normal. If medically thay are telling you he is ok then you just gotta give him loads of hugs and cuddles until he's 100%. Good luck and don't worryabout his food intake babies regulate themselves just fine.

Bev x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back