please please help - no reply in health issues :-(

rhian85

Reaction score
hardley had any help from health issues where i originaly posted this:

2 weeks ago christopher had a head injury but thankfully he was okay after he was monitored for 5 hours on childrens ward they let him come home.

however 2 days after he refused food for 4 days HV said not to worry that was last friday. he started eating a bit on sunday. but since monday he has been really funny with food - i dont know if the two are related but before the fall he had 3 solid meals a day 2 of those with puddings and 2 8oz bottles one with brkfst and one befor bed.

however since monday he will only have the following:

brkfst - 7oz bottle drinks 5 and mix his cereal with the rest which he eats

luch - he wont eat - just cries/winges

tea - wnt eat food but will take 6oz

he has also been a bit more sleepy he has an hour mid morning then and hour mid afternoon then bed at 7pm-8.30am where as he used to only have 30mins in morning - 30mins in the afternoon.

no temp or anything but im worried and HV is crap just keeps telling me he will get appettite (sp) back

he has been really going through fluids as well had to fill his beaker up 3 times :shock: so whats going on hes very tired all the time, wont eat but drinking like a fish????

please help
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It doesnt sound like anything sinister but to be sure just bypass your hv and make an appointment for the doc.
It could be a wee phase but you are noticing it more because he was in hospital
Try not to worry and make an appointment on monday, thats what they are paid for. :hug:

poor little mite, he may be just reverting back to babyhood a bit for some comfort, not to suggest its lacking in anyway but sometimes small kids will do that when they have been poorly.

If you HV continues to be crap you could always ask your GP to give you a call to see what he thinks.

Hope hes better soon! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Has he got any teeth coming?? Jack has just cut his first tooth today but has really been off his milk the last 4 or 5 days.

Sometimes they stop eating as much when their teeth are bothering them?

I would also suggest talking to your GP or maybe phone the childrens ward and ask them??

As long as he's taking liquids I wouldn't panic too much, maybe ring NHS Direct? 0845 46 47
Have you thought about buying some vitamin drops and adding them to his drinks?

Hope he gets his appetite back soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back