can i refuse to have my weight put on my notes?

peach

Reaction score
I am very self consious about weight as i weigh more than i should :oops: so i dont want it on my notes evan hubby doesnt know my weight they weigh you every app anyway dont they?

so could I refuse?

Last edited:
Your notes are a legal record. Everything that is done has to be recorded by law.
Maybe she could write it in KG's so it's not as obvious?

Unless you refuse to actually be weighed. Then it wouldn't be in there.

urm i could refuse to be weighed lol

You could, I wouldn't personally but you could refuse everything if you wanted to, it's your right to decide.

I've been weighed twice and am expecting to be weighed again at 37 weeks.

i was afraid id be told i have to do it lol suppose ill have to just get over it and hide my notes lol just hate that its on the front page :(

I didn't really want mine doing but the midwife did it in kg so I didn't know what it was and i didn't ask. I hate getting weighed especially at the minute as I've put on over half a stone in 10 weeks. Xxx

I was only weighed once at my booking appointment..alot of hospitals only weigh you once as far as I know.

I was only weighed once. Thing is they might refuse you some of the birth options such as birthing pool if they don't have a bmi to go by. Also you have to think if you are rushed in as an emergency (fx it doesn't happen), they need all the info they can get to keep you and baby safe xxxxxxxx

I wouldn't worry about something so tiny in the big picture.. I was heavy too and was motified. Hubby could have looked but why would he? Plus if you're in this together how much does it truly matter? Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

I personally wouldn't refuse.

As someone else says in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, also hubby doesn't have to know (my OH has never read my notes or seen them way me!!)

I'm afraid I have been weighed every time though, even at my 12w and 20w scan :shock: (only my booking appointment and 16w weight have been recorded though!!)

xxxxxxxx

i was only weighed at my booking in x

I'm weighed every week at Diabetic clinic, and it get's written down. I've lost so far (waiting for the gaining to start). I am not so concerned about my OH knowing though, it's obvious I'm over weight, naked or clothed, I'm still very obviously fat, I'm not concerned that he knows the numbers really, I used to be, but then I thought, why?

Anyway, he's no slim Jim himself (see photo <<<<) So he can't talk!!!

I got weighed at booking in & then will be again at 36 weeks as they need a pre delivery weight. I guess it's for pain relief or if anything was to happen, they need to know your weight for the amount of medicine they administer sometimes. Always best to let them get their info. I'm like you though, really didn't want anyone knowing my weight - didn't actually wanna know myself & deffo don't wanna know at 36 weeks!! You can hide your notes in your bag anyway :) xx

Hun it seems important to you now but it won't. You could ask your hubby to look at the wall wen they're weighing u.

I think by making a deal of it your more likely to stress . Make a joke wen u get on say here we go lol.

I've only been weighed at booking in never since x

Suppose you could refuse, they can't make you do anything you don't wanna. x

I was only weighed at my booking appt x

Using tapatalk so can't see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member