car seats

Xena

Reaction score
I've been trying to tackle the issue of how I'm going to fit 3 kids into my car and I've stumbled across this :

http://www.luxury7.co.uk/index.html

now I DO have an estate car, my boot is enormous, but am just wondering if this sort of thing would be legal, and if it would be safe.

I assume they wouldn't be allowed to do it if it wasn't both of these things, but do any of you know anything about it?

I'd be thinking of using it for Lydia, with a booster seat. Don't want to do it if it's not safe though.

Don't see why not, Volvo build these as standard into their estate cars. They fold down when not in use. As do a few other makes.

:( I hate these- what if someone went up the back of you??

Safety wise, can't comment.

Read up on your cars safety features and test ratings perhaps.

Jade&Evie said:
:( I hate these- what if someone went up the back of you??

I saw the pics and the first thing I thought of was my car accident where the boot was badly damaged.

The vauxhall zafira's are the same tho apart from the chair facing the other way :think:

hmm yeh maybe I should contact Skoda and ask their opinion :think:

Would it not be more practical to sell your car and get a cheap people carrier? Just thinking that with three kids you will have a double buggy and a load of crap in the boot but if you are using the boot as seating you won't have enough boot space.

:oops: Plus I still think they are unsafe- if someone goes up your backside your kids legs will be the first thing it hits :cry: :cry:

Jade&Evie said:
Would it not be more practical to sell your car and get a cheap people carrier? Just thinking that with three kids you will have a double buggy and a load of crap in the boot but if you are using the boot as seating you won't have enough boot space.

:oops: Plus I still think they are unsafe- if someone goes up your backside your kids legs will be the first thing it hits :cry: :cry:

Well our boot is so big that I can't help thinking her legs will be so far back that they wouldn't be effected - but I could be wrong I don't know much about the crumply-ness of cars.

I have been suggesting to DH that we sell the car and get another one, but we can't afford another new one, and he's dead against getting a second hand one because our previous car was a second hand one and it only lasted 4 months before dying on us and we ended up losing a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back