Cassidy born 10th January 2009 at 6:36pm

chelsea

Reaction score
i will try and remember as much as possible without boring you all to death!

at about 6:30am i was woken up with a periody type pain but didnt think that it was it, i told OH in a jokey way that "i dont think you will be going to work monday, think you will get your wish!" he said he wouldnt go to the gym with Mark that morning if i didnt want him too, but i said to go because its probably nothing (that was at 8:30am) he went to the gym but finished his stuff before Mark finished his so he rang me and i had been timing, they were 30-40secs every 5mins in the time he was at the gym i phoned delivery suite and they said when the pain got too much to go up there. When he got back i was on the sofa putting make up on with tears in my eyes every time they came then being fine when they went and saying no im not gonna go to the hospital, they will only send me home and we cant afford the parking for 3 hours to be sent home! eventually a couple of hours later at about 12:00pm i said i wanted to go there but to expect to be sent home.

when we got there they showed me to a room and said we could put all our stuff in there and then go for a wander around the hospital for a bit (i hadnt been examined or anything just been told that what i was feeling was contractions) the hospital on a saturday afternoon is boring! nothing is open!! so we ended up sitting on the chairs outside delivery suite for an hour breathing through and having mic rub my back through each contraction. when we went back in at 2pm it was midwife changeover so the person who booked us in said goodbye and we met our new midwife. She asked if i had been examined and asked me for another urine sample. When she examined me she had to get someone else to confirm that i was 5cm because with each contraction i didnt seem like i was that far gone, it was very unpleasant being examined, i didnt like it at all :lol: she said she could feel the waters bulging but shes not going to pop them because they will be helping me dilate or something. after that we went for another walk around the hospital and sat outside delivery suite again (we are allowed to use phones in the hallways of the hospital) whilst outside delivery suite we text people and rang them and told them that i was 5cm so wont be going home, i rang my brother to ask him to feed and water the rats (we were supposed to be cleaning them out that day!) and he said he would. when we went back in a couple of hours later (i had decided i wanted pain relief at this point) again she examined me again and i was 8cm. she was saying i had done so well am i sure i want pain relief etc and with each contraction i said yes, then it went and i didnt want it :lol: eventually i gave in and had some G&A and she asked if i wanted Meptid about half hour after that. at this point it was 5:30 and it all kind of becomes a blur now :lol: i remember G&A making it feel like a rave in my head so i had to have my eyes shut otherwise it felt like the room was banging from left to right and i remember my waters breaking and hearing them pop, Mic said they gushed out :lol:! at about 6:00pm i felt an overwhelming urge to push and told her. she said to push but hold it just one minute whilst she puts her gloves on! she could see the head crowning and with every contraction to push my chin into my chest and push. once the head was out her body came out really quickly and she was born at 6:36pm. she was handed to me whilst Mic cut the cord then she was given to him whilst i was stitched and gave birth to the placenta. It took 2 hours for them to stitch me, i had labial tearing and it was so uncomfortable having that stitched! after i had been stitched the midwives tried to get her to feed from me (mic said she had been rooting all the time i was being stitched and he was really worried about what she was doing!) she only fed from me for 5 mins because she wouldnt stay on the breast, once she was latched she had a really good latch, but would keep coming off :( they said to try again in the night but the same thing happened :( after they had tried getting her to feed she was weighed and was 7lb4oz (3.3kilos)

anyway thats my birth story (sorry its probably boring! :lol: ) heres some photos of her (i have more but my camera lead isnt working :(

ooh and she came one day early (she was due sunday 11th)

anyway you are here for pics so here they are:

(excuse the state of me, i just pushed a person out!)
DSC02620.jpg

being weighed
DSC02630.jpg

and dressed
DSC02631.jpg

with daddy
DSC02646.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

random ones
DSC02647.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

after her first bath at home
DSC02675.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

looking cute
DSC02690.jpg

daddy feeding
DSC02692.jpg

DSC02694.jpg

Congratulations! Well done for getting to 8cm with no pain relief - how brave!!!!

huge congrats again hun!!
your story isn't boring at all! you did really well! i hope i can be so inspirational!! :hug:

Shes gorgeous... do you have makeup on you look fabby for having just gave birth

chickadee1976 said:
Shes gorgeous... do you have makeup on you look fabby for having just gave birth

i do because i remember reading on here to apply make up in the early stages, it takes your mind off contractions or something lol. the eyeliner is just really hard wearing! certainly one way to put it to the test :lol:

thanks everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back