Changing formula

pinkymum

Reaction score
I want to change formula from sma to cow and gate comfort. Smess and lex and another friend recommended I try it. I think she has colic and is being sick quite a few times each feed.
I called the health visitor on Friday at the time they say to call, there was no answer so I left a message. No one got back to me. Did the same this morning again at the time they said to call and again no one has called back.
Should I just go ahead and switch formula without their advice? Or should I wait?

Id just do it without there advice Hun, hope it help emily its horrible seeing them all upset x

I'd just do it, give it a few days though to see if it works. I put zac on comfort milk and the change was amazing, from a constantly screaming grumpy baby to a happy smiling boy, hope it works for you x

I changed my LO's formula from prescription formula to apimal and its was a success chickxxxx

I would go ahead hun, Odhrán had colic too and it was exhausting, it finally left at 13 weeks but I was told this was quite long for him to have it, are you giving her anything along with her bottle? Odhrán would have some infacol x

Oh forgot to say, the comfort formula is thick so you will need faster teats x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, I saw the hv and she was fine about me changing. She didn't tell me anymore than I've learnt from all you girls on here!
Jen I've been using infacol since Friday, I've nearly ran out because I spilt half the bottle over us both lol.

I'm exhausted! Hope the colic goes soon for both our sakes! The hv is coming on Thursday morning to show me how to do wind and colic massage.

infacol was always good for my LO but even better was gripe water, that may help too for the colic? x

Hi Pinky,

Jessica had terrible trouble with trapped wind during her first 3 weeks. She would be squirming and making horrible nosies in her sleep. I changed her from aptimil to Cow & Gate Comfort and the change in her was great. I am using avent bottles so had to move to a number 2 teat as well as comfort is thick. Things were great for a while and then the wind problem started again but always during the night. I started to give her gripe water to ease it.

Anyways, my friend had a baby the same day as me and she was telling me that she phoned cow and gate for advice on something else and that the advisor was lovely. So I decided to give them a call about my problem. The lady was so nice. We chatted away and I explained how I was making the bottles up etc etc. I always made my night bottles in advance and heated them up in a jug of warm water when I woke. Turns out this is what was causing her wind during the night as the comfort food has starch in it that is broken down with the hot water. The milk is only at it's best for the first 2 hours after you make the bottle. They advised me to boil the water before I go to bed and put it in a flask. Last night was the first night I did this and she had a brilliant night, only waking at 2am and 6am and no squirming. Thought i'd tell you this in case you are planning on making your feeds in advance before you go to bed.

Rose x

We changed Isabelle from SMA to Cow and Gate as SMA wasnt agreeing with her and since putting her on cow ~& gate she has been a much happier baby. She use to have colic in the evening and scream from about 7 for an hour an half we used dentanox colic drops and they worked a treat (we found these easier than infacol as you add it to there bottles with every feed).

How is your LO doing on the comfort milk? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back