Chemical Pregnancy

sunnyday

Reaction score
I’ve not posted on this forum before but I’ve spent a lot of time reading other people’s posts. Having had a nasty few days I wanted to share my experience in the hope that it might be of some use to anyone having similar problems.

We had recently got married and knew that trying for a baby was immediately on the agenda. I’d always been concerned that conceiving may take some time as my cycles were generally around 40 days long, so when I started to feel sick, have sore boobs and a strange taste in my mouth, I hardly dared to believe I was pregnant. I took a test and much to my surprise, a faint line appeared! I didn’t quite believe it and took several more tests, all with the same result. I left it a couple of days expecting the hcg hormone to rise, took another test and had a negative result. I left it another day, and finally took a clearblue digital test. The words ‘Pregnant’ flashed before my eyes – that was it, I was pregnant and over the moon.

That evening, when I wiped having been to the toilet, there was blood on the tissue. My heart sank. I dismissed it as implantation bleeding and tried not to worry about it. The next morning there was little evidence of more bleeding but I felt I needed to put my mind at rest and phoned the GP. He told me to take it easy, slight bleeding was common in the early stages. I spent the day in bed and tried not to worry.

That afternoon the bleeding became worse. It was now proper red blood and did have some signs of clotting. It continued for 3 more days, with the passing of what looked like a sack of tissue about the size of a jelly bean. I visited my GP and have been told to provide a urine sample in 4 days. They’ll test for the pregnancy hormone and take it from there. I’ve already done another home test which was negative.

I’m pretty certain that what I’ve experienced is a chemical pregnancy. The strange faint positive home pregnancy tests along with reasonably heavy bleeding do sound like common symptoms. I take comfort in knowing that we are able to conceive, and achieving fertilization on the first month of trying was pretty impressive. We’ll keep trying, and just hope for better luck next time.

Welcome to the forum, sorry you're first experiance hasn't been great, but you've come to the right place for advice and support :D

Good luck TCC in the future.

oh no, i'm so sorry :(
good luck with trying in the future, and welcome to the forum :hug:

so sorry hun :hug: Good luck TTC. Hope you get your BFP soon :hug:

Sorry to hear your news. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take care of yourself. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Cheers all - to be honest I feel fine now, just pleased its all over and can now look forward to ttc again.

It must be much harder to cope with when you're further into the pregnancy. It was only just over 5 weeks for me.

sounds like your a strong lady .. good luck in the future and welcome to the forum! :hug:

So so sorry! But dont let your emotions let you down, thees alwasy a why and reason for these things happening!
Before you know youl be habding out those annocment cards.

Keep us posted, I find it to be a great support on here x :hug:

Hi sunnyday, welcome to the forum, I love your username! :D

I had a chemical pregnancy recently so I know how you feel, I had a BFP then an AF just a few days later. I dealt with it by telling mysefl it wasnt a real pregancy and if I hadnt tested early I would never had known.

Glad your staying positive, but how can you not with a username like that! :hug:

Hi all

Just wanted to end this thread with an update. Had the urine sample results back from Doctors which confirmed a negative pregancy test. Oh well - roll on next month!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words of support, it means alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back