Cleaning leather sofas

Wobbles

Reaction score
What do you use?

I was told to stay clear of polish which loads of people do but must admit now and then I use a bit!

A friend said window cleaner :eh: I asked did it destroy her sofas she said no she had them over 5 years and it does come up real clean.

I also use a damp cloth with dettol sometimes, when I'm in the disinfecting mode.

If my sofa was over £1000 I'd maybe justify the 'real' cleaners but with 2 kids thats expensive even with bargains as my sofas are black and constantly have 2 sets of mucky fingers on them.

i use warm water and a sponge, but make the sponge warm but nearly dry otherwise the leather dries out, then i chuck some saddle soap on it (only a little bit as it can be quite sticky) and it keeps it nice and supple :)

Soapy water and baby wipes for taking off marks :)

depends how bad mine are, baby wipes for general crap, fairy liquid for milky stains! i wanted to use detol but i was worried it'd ruin it! i'll give it a go! i've heard spuggies solution works a treat too ;)

I just use the wipes I got with my sofa. When that runs out krill just use a damp cloth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back