Colostrum

Rosie1

Reaction score
Hello ladies

i posted a few days ago to say that my boobies have strated producing what i assumed was milk, and the replies set my mind at rest that it was colostrum, and quite normal.

My question now is this....

Colostrum is the really good stuff that gives baby all the nutrients, imunisations etc and lines the stomach that she needs in the fist couple of days, and as i understood it, only lasts a day or two before proper milk comes in. Well if i am producing colostrum now, is there a danger that it will run out and i will only produce milk when baby is born, meaning she misses out on the essential good stuff?

Sorry if this is stupid but its really worrying me!

I'm just guessing that its just a bit of spare stuff, your body will produce more everyone has a bit of leakage and its all good:hug:

hiya no you won't run out at all your body will give baby what he/she needs, i produced loads with both of mine and it still took about a week before milk came through proper

take care

simhaz1xxx

I thought this too but I read up on it and it seems that this leaking before the birth of your baby doesn't affect the amount we produce after the baby is born.

Alex xxx

Thanks Girls!

It has really been playing on my mind that i'll run out!

Feel more relaxed now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back