confused????

Skye1982

Reaction score
Hi guys

Not been here for a few weeks since my mc. the reason for this post is a question am i pregnant again or not!. Well here goes... after my last mc i decided to wait till the end of the year before ttc again, had my d&c done on the 25th feb which is 6 weeks ago this friday comming. I haven't had my period as of yet and with the first mc i had my period 5 weeks after. Well the confusing part is this, as i hadnt had my period i did a clearblue digital test last night i don't know why as we haven't been trying and have been using protection, apart from one time almost 3 weeks ago....but sorry if tmi! i didn't let him release (sorry can't think of a better way to term it lol) inside me. Well the digital test was negative last night and now the one i did this morning has come up with pregnant 1-2!, is it possible! or could i still have hormones from the last pregnancy? Please let me know what you think. Also i have no symptoms or anything,
Skye xx

Hey hun, you should go and check with your GP as something may have been left over from your D&C they can arrange a scan for you to check. It is also possible that you are pregnant again but if you have been using protection i would def go to your GP to get checked out.

Hope you get some answers either way. take care. xx

Think nurse is right, go get checked so you know what is going on, it is possible your pregnant though. Maybe a scan and blood tests will confirm things either way for you x

Hey hun I am going through the exact same thing!! I mc naturlaly on 1st march and had a clearblue digi tell me I am pregnant again...went to docs and Im having beta hcg bloods done..had one yesterday and got another tomorrow results friday!! Were your hcg levels followed back to zero after with bloods etc??

x

Hi guys thanks for the replies :), hi jaxx its awful isnt it? i just want to know if i am or not, my last mc i had my period pretty much 5 weeks after and with it being nearly 6 weeks thats why i tested i haven't been trying thats the confusing part we only had sex once without protection but we used the withdrawal method (sorry if tmi) i know its not 100& safe but it just doesn't seem possible, i'm going to give it until next week and if no period test again and see if it goes up to 2-3. I will be happy if i am, but i start my new job in may! and if things go well i'm worried i will get sacked or my boss will be pi**ed at me.
Also i never got my bloods checked after to see if they were back to 0, did u have yours tested? I just hope i haven't got any left over tissue from my mc as i read that u can get posatives if the d&c didn't clear everything out.Did you get a negative test before your posative? i had negative test last night and got posative this morning... weird lol. But maybe if i am pregnant i must be very early and need to test first thing when the hcg is stronger.
Please let me know how you get on tomorrow good luck and i hope you get good news xx

Hey hun

Yes it's awful I know :( I didnt have a negative test after my miscarriage...my body basically dealt with it and I had a follow up scan a week later...the measurements etc had all gone back to normal and I did a urine test there which was negative..I then tested negative week before last twice...then postive thursday.

Lady at EPU said looking at the scan results and the fact I have previously tested negative it's highly unlikely that it is left over hormones..

Fingers crossed for us both...

I get my results Friday which is my 30th Birthday so hoping its not bad news :( Id be devastated :(

I will keep you posted...will you keep me posted on how you are doing seeing as our situation is similiar ???

xx

Hey hun

wow we are in the same boat here, yeah i definatly let u know what happens. My mum always said when u don't want it to happen it will lol but i don't mind i've come round to the idea now. I really hope u get posative result it be great birthday present! Good luck will have everything crossed for u! xx:hugs:

Thanks hun :) my partner left on thursday and my mum said it would sods law that this would be the one that sticks...think she meant that in the nicest possible way lol but I know what she meant :) Im nervous bout going for my next blood test :( Im still bruised half way up the vein from the one I had yesterday!! :( Im not good at having my blood taken so I squirm about...xx

Hiya hun :)
Been thinking about u, how did u get on today hope its good news for you, Happy Birthday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back