Consultant again

pilkers

Reaction score
I had to have some blood tests because my mum had DVT in pregnancy and I was classed as a risk.

I had the tests taken and the hospital lost them so the consultant wouldn't let me go abroad... I had the tests done again and the results are back in

I have to go and see my consultant tomorrow because the results are low which I presume means that my blood is thicker than it should be and clots much quicker.

My mum had to inject herself with warfarin during pregnancy but the mw says she thinks the consultant will put me on aspirin. I've heard that it shouldn't be taken during pregnancy so I'm worried - does anybody have any experience in this area?

dont worry.. your consultant knows more aobut pregnancy than you mum does he/she will only give you what is safe.. and apparently asprins given a lot to those with blood disorders in preg or ttc..

Don't worry.. Asprin is giving to hundreds of pregnant women to keep their blood thin... It is never given at a normal dose because taking aspirin everyday at a high dose isn't good for you full stop..

There has been lots of recent study on this subject... so if you google it you will find lots of references ,...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1160711.stm

I also found this from the BBC... (although I hear you can't trust what they say anymore... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

I actually think that Warfrin is now accepted as being more dangerous than low dose aspirin to take during pregnancy, unless the risk outweighs those risks of the drug.

Thanks...I'm probably over-reacting (bloody hormones!)

The hospital has messed me about so much telling me I'm fine, then telling me I can't fly so we cancelled our hols and went to Devon instead! Then they said last week I could fly cos my results are ok so we've booked a holiday for a couple of weeks time and now this...

sometimes I wonder if they know their from their a*se!!!!!

maybe its differnce of opinions...diff drs think diff things?

it's been the same consultant...but tomorrow I'm seeing a different one so he might think differently

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back