Cravings...

titch

Reaction score
...I just did the supermarket shop and bought some cheese for OH. Im lactose intollerant and havent eaten cheese since I was about 8 as it triggered severe migraines. I found myself drooling at all the cheese and spending ages choosing one even though I dunno what any of them taste like.:roll:

Now I REALLY wanna cut off a piece and gobble it up, but Im scared it will make me ill and I wont be able to take pain killers. :wall2:

I dunno if I can last out. I keep convincing myself that Ill probably be fine cos Ive been weaning myself onto yoghurt and milk this last year. Im working backwards. I first reacted to cheese, then cream, then yoghurts then milk. I went 5 years totally dairy free and gradually reintroducing it now.

I just cant work this out, I LOVED cheese when I was a child and would just eat huge lumps of it for lunch. I missed it so bad when I stopped eating it but after about 6 months I didnt miss it anymore. And now, 20 years later, Im like "cheeeeeeeeeeeese" Im not sure if it tastes how I think it does either.

Oh no! I love cheese, especially the blue veined ones and brie! Perhaps try a teeny teeny bit of mild cheddar and see how you go, leave it a few days and have a little bit more? Good luck on your cheese mission! xx

:) "cheese mission!" :rofl: I might start a journal about it!

Ooh cheese mission, thats genius. Yeah I agree with rosies mummy, try a little tiny bit and see how you feel. You might not even like the taste x

I think I'd risk it :oooo: These cravings are weird, I've been craving chip shop chips (say that quick :lol: ) for 3 days :wall:

I'd go for it Tiny - only a tiny amount though! :rofl: Haha get it? Ahem... :blush:

I couldn't live without cheese! Just see how you get on, you can always take a paracetamol if a headache arises? x

try a bit and see is your only way to find out i cant push cravings off i just give in to them bbq sauce on everything at mo mmmm nom nom nom

I hate cheese except for mild mild cheddar! But always crave cheese during pg! Did last time, am doing this time! x my sister is lactosse intolerence and she was vegetarian for 15 years before getting pg! Strange how our bodies tell us what we need x

I agree with the girls and helen, sounds like your body is telling you something - just a small bit wouldn't hurt too much even if you did react to it x

GO FOR IT! A little bit wont do any harm i'm sure. Let us know if you enjoy it! mmm......

oooh crackers and cheese, lovely - go for it Tiny!

mmm i would go for it!!! Pick a mild cheese tho with a higher fat content xx Probably less dairy more fat?? I dunno!! lol =))

I'm sooo craving macaroni cheese all the time...and lemon juice for some reason!!

Ive just had a thought, if you don't eat that much dairy, are you getting enough calcium? If thats the case it could explain your craving. :)

Im having loads of soya stuff :) yoghurts and milk, and I buy the stuff fortified with calcium. I was off dairy through my teenage years so learned all about it. Dark green veg and wholegrain bread has calium too.

Did you try it babe? Just a teeny bit? x x x

I would try a small bit and see how you go! :)

Did you give in and have a nibble?

I had a really small bit when I was making OH's lasagne. It didnt really taste how I thought it would. Ive got a stinking cold right now so Im putting the cheesy challenge on the back burner until Im feeling a bit better, I dont think I could handle migraine on top of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back