Did i give him Eczema??

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Went docs today about Haydens rash, he has a bobbly rash under chin which is red, bobbles all over his body tiny ones not red, and his face is dry and looks itchy, the doc says he has eczema...

Don';t feel very good know I'm most likely the root cause :roll:

/will he grow out of it?

Chances are he will hun. both my boys had it as babies - my 6 yr old has grown out of it and my 2 yr old still has it but a lot less than it was.

Lots of babies have this when small. In most it passes. I'd not think you have given it to him. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Is he getting very hot? Sometimes it can be prickly heat rash..

My little one gets that around the sides and back of his neck...

I use the johnson's naturals moisturising lotion on him after his bath every day and that helps a LOT!

I wondered if it was because of Lewis's skin type (he is mixed - African/caucasian)

valentine said:
How could you have given it to him Sharne?

Xxx

Cause I have ezcema and asthma and the doc said he'd most likely have it because I do...

Thanks for the advice ladies, i got some meds just natural ones, so using that cream on him seems to help a wee bit...

xxx

When you bath him, don't use baby bath, use Aqueous cream instead. It seems a bit weird at first, but we've been using it to bathe Asher since he was a few weeks old. His skin is so soft now, but it was quite dry and irritable when he was little.

Also I would advise not to bath hime every day. We only do Ash every other day or every 3rd day. It dries their skin out if too often. And babies with african/caribbean heritage always have drier skin than their caucasian counterparts.

K.xx

Thanks ladies for all the advice.

Doc gave us some greasy type cream which is workign fab on his face, he is still a bit bobbly, around his neck is red and bobbly, i think he has cradle cap? ie his scalp is very dry and crusty, luckily the lovely head of hair has covered it but it is very crusty, any ideas on how to get rid of that??

Steelgoddess said:
Thanks ladies for all the advice.

Doc gave us some greasy type cream which is workign fab on his face, he is still a bit bobbly, around his neck is red and bobbly, i think he has cradle cap? ie his scalp is very dry and crusty, luckily the lovely head of hair has covered it but it is very crusty, any ideas on how to get rid of that??

There's a great boots shampoo... I'll have to go get the name of it!

It's their own brand formulated for babies I know that!

(oh, and swimming REALLY helps get that initial layer off I found!! I guess it's the chlorine!!)

Yeah ditto to the above, i used detinox and found it great after 3 uses it was all gone but it doesnt agree with everyone as i learnt on here and as he has ezcema the sensitive stuff is best! also my friends baby has ezcema on his neck and back and she uses oilatum in the bath and finds it really good :) poor little man but don't blame yourself lots of babies get it and grow out of it! :hug: :hug:

Thanjks everyone, see now im wondering if it is ezcema or just that baby skin thing?

ok gonna try and get some f this stuff when i get paid...

Thanks again
x

PS Hayden has grown loads i saw his tesco photo- hes gorgeous!

And Llys- Lewis is so cute hes a handsome little man isnt he!!

could well be just that baby skin thing. Asher didn't have very good skin for a good few months, but it is so soft and smooth now.

Re the cradle cap. I didn't really do anything. Like your LO, Ash had a thick head of hair over it. When he was a bit older, I used to pick it off myself and then comb it out.

K.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back