eczema on Lo's face!!:-( update **

sarah2807

Reaction score
I think Violet has developed eczema on her face. It's been there for about 2 weeks but gradually getting worse. I thought it was a milk rash as she had this a few days after she was born (some bits of it still are) but there's a difference between the milk rash and this. She has loads of tiny bumps all over her face (about the size of a pin prick!), neck shoulders and a bit on her chest they are really dry and are getting worse. The started around her ears and now the ones around her ears have turned into skin like sand paper. Her whloe face in bright red with it...poor baby!! She has her 8 week check up this week so I shall ask about it then but just wondered if you thought it sounds like baby eczema and if any one had any advice.

For the last week I have bathed her in plain water and just put a bit of olive oil on it to hopefully help the dryness. :(

update....
i took violet to the doctors this morning and he confirmed that it is eczema. i've got some cream and bath oil for her. the chemist has run out of the cream tho so we havve to wait until this afternoon. hope it works...my poor baby! :(

Emms had that too a while back and I think it was because I put suncream on her and she reacted badly to it. I was told by the Dr to put E45 on which I did for about 2 weeks and it went away and hasnt come back.

Hope it clears up soon :hug: :hug:

Hi,
my daughter had this and it started and got worse in exactly the same way. i took her to the dr and he said it was eczema and gave us a moisturising cream called doublebase which sorted it straight away. She was just over a month old when she got it too.

Sounds like it might be then. I hope they give me something for it this week. Thanks for your help girls. :D

Fi has this - or what sounds similar! My HV told me it was heat rash from getting a bit hot -and this made sense as it was worse on the side where she rests her head the most.

I've started keeping her naked/just in a nappy for as long as possible and it has cleared up mostly, but i find if she gets hot it comes back...

but then again it could be eczema in which case there are some good creams out there xx

Maia had a very bad milk rash on her face and then her skin was like sand paper afterwards. She now has eczema and cradle cap on her head, spoke to my Dr about it and told her I was using Calendula cream on it which she said was fine. It works really well and cleared up her milk rash and turned sand paper back to silk!

Still using it on the eczema on her head.

Calendula cream is an organic product made from Marigold plant extracts, not cheap but no nasty chemicals and works excellent.

https://www.ecobaby.co.uk/d_LotionsandCreams_4_.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back