doc wants lab test for prgncy even tho HPT is a BFN ????

rhian85

Reaction score
okies ladies...

im havong bad irregular periods anything from 30-69 days long :wall: :wall: :wall: so doctor is having a load of bloods done on hormone levles to see what the fecking heck is going on in there. im now on CD 67 and saw doc last week who told me to have bloods done on CD21 (IF i ever get there)

obviously i have been testing with ebay 10mi/ul tests and gettin BFN but today i had a letter from doctor requesting a urine sample to be sent to the lab??? whats the point when im gettin BFN on e-bay tests or are lab tests even more sensitive ???

pleaseeeeeeeee help Rhian xx :hug:

I don't think they're more sensitive hon just they like to know for themselves? I suppose they don't know that you are using the most sensitive tests or reading them right etc x

Good luck.

I've got my scan wednesday x

ejjie said:
I don't think they're more sensitive hon just they like to know for themselves? I suppose they don't know that you are using the most sensitive tests or reading them right etc x

Good luck.

I've got my scan wednesday x

thanks hun..what u havin a scan for ? :hug: :hug:

It's the first round of fertility tests because my cycles are not normal and I think this scan is to check for cysts etc that might be preventing me conceiving. TBH I was too stressed at the docs when they arranged it and I didn't ask the right questions about what the tests were for so I suppose I will have to wait and see....! Results a week on wednesday :pray:

are your cycles irregular? - wishin u luck tho hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

The lab tests are less sensitive. I imagine they want your blood cos they want to see if you have an hcg level - do you think you might be pregnant?

Yes I've had 3 cycles, 53 days/34 days/45 days but the last one I thought I'd OV'd CD 14ish (positive on OPK and pains) but then didn't get AF.

When I went to the docs she agreed to do the tests because last time I had a break from the pill I didn't have AF for a year and had been to see them about it back then so I'd already waited for the year they like you to wait for.

After I'd arranged the tests I got AF (4 weeks after I thought I'd OV'd) so I'm now on my next cycle...CD20...Still no OV as far as I can tell

Good luck with your tests, it takes a weight off your mind when they agree to do them doesn't it?

We can be irregular cycle buddies!!! x

hollyhobby - doc has orderd a urine test for pregnancy i dont have any signs of being pregnant but as we are TTC there comes a chance if i have OV'd late or not even ov'd yet im now on CD68 i think lost count now :wall: :wall: :wall:

ejjie - ill pm u hun :hug:

ejjie said:
We can be irregular cycle buddies!!! x

Can I join please?! :lol:

I'm on day 58, had positive on OPK on day 24. Countless BFN, but still no AF. I have no idea what is going on. Normal cycle of 39 days. Think I'm going to make an appointment next week.

hey hun..yes u can join :lol: i have read your thread so i know how ur feeling :hug: im now on CD 66 :shock: so bloody annoying isnt it :twisted:

may be we could get a TTC with irregular AF's sticky so we can support each other cuz my god is it hard and stressfull TTC with periods that are all over the shop :wall: :wall: :wall: whadya think ??

I hope the tests give you some answers hun! And good luck for the scan Ejjie :hug:

rhian85 said:
hey hun..yes u can join :lol: i have read your thread so i know how ur feeling :hug: im now on CD 66 :shock: so bloody annoying isnt it :twisted:

may be we could get a TTC with irregular AF's sticky so we can support each other cuz my god is it hard and stressfull TTC with periods that are all over the shop :wall: :wall: :wall: whadya think ??

great idea hun :cheer: Esp if we all get some answers. Could really help other people.
You're right its so annoying :evil: I did yet another test this morning. Dread to think how much I've spent on tests! :lol:

aww hun i know the feeling as since having jayde i had irregular periods it was horrid :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

jaydesmummy how irregular were ur cycles ? how long did it take u to get a BFP ? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back