Dream Feed

nefisher

Reaction score
Poppy is currently waking every 2-3 hours during the night (probably due to reflux) and a friend mentioned giving her a dream feed. Does anyone do this and are they successful? What time do you initially put baby to sleep and what time to you give the dream feed? Would I need to wind her? Sorry questions, questions questions!!!!

hey there

i know Olivers alot older but i used to give him a dream feed. it was so gud a dream feed is where u dont wake them up at all n feed them n wind them . i used to do a dream feed about 11 n it did him really gd

I used to dream feed. I used to put Ellie down at her 7:30pm feed, then wake her at 11:30pm (give a nappy change) and then feed her. I then let her wake for next feed. Once she stopped waking at 3:30am ish, I stopped giving Ellie the nappy change and waking her. I used to just lift her out and lie with her. She would latch on, without waking up and normal come off when she had finished. I would then just gently hold her upright and put her back in the cot.

However if she is only going 2-3 hrs at night, I am not sure a dream feed will help. The idea is to offset them waking in the early hours of the morning with a feed late evening.

How often are you feeding her during the day? I used to have to cluster feed in the early evening. It might help her stock up so that she can go longer at night?

She is feeding every 2-3 hours in the day too. I thought it may be comfort due to her reflux but she does drink from the breast for about 10-15 mins each time. What do you mean by cluster feed?

Cluster feeding is where they feed really often during the evening. I used to very typically feed Ellie at 16:30, 18:00, 19:30 on an evening (it was even more than that during growth spurts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back