Due in August

Nicola

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well only just making this thread really, I'm 12 weeks pregnant today so will be hopping over to Trimester Two thread this time next week but wanted to post and say hello, see if there are any August Mummies out there? I'm due 08/08/07 but sneeky feeling it will be late July instead. Off for my 12 week scan tomorrow, can't wait to see the baby again. First scan baby was a dot, second scan a blob with fluttering heartbeat going like the clappers, tomrrow he/she should look like a proper little baby!! Very exciting indeed.

Nicola xx

Hello and welcome!

I am not due in Aug, but sept but wanted to say hello and good luck with your scan tomorrow!!

Nikki x

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the welcome, I can't believe I'm 12 weeks already, still can't believe it was positive and to think BFP's now are September/October babies....wow time just whizzes past sometimes! I'm trying to savour every moment I have a pregnancy journal but it seems like I'm onto a new page (each page is a week of the pregnancy) almost every day. When in September are you due? My sister and step-dad are both September babies!!

Nicola xx

jus thought id pop in and say hi...jus to say inm due in aug on the 21...thats 1 day before my oh's birsday do what a prezzie he will be gettin :D

Hello im due 13/08/2007 Whoooooooooo! Can't wait! :D

Hiya and welcome I'm another mummy-to-be in August, I'm due 23rd although that may change I have my dating scan next week I can't wait.

Best of luck to you for tomorrow - looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Hi Ladies,

Great to talk to you all:

lil_miss: What an excellent birthday present for your OH, I can't think of anything he'd want more to celebrate, I think baby would love sharing a birthday with Daddy too!!

Emma: Our EDD's are pretty close, I'm so excited too. Have you had your 12 week scan yet? I had mine yesterday, amazing, really and truely amazing, it's the 3rd scan I've had and wow the changes in size were astounding. Can't wait for my 20 week scan in March.

Smurf: Thanks for the welcome...what date is your scan? I was bang on with dates yesterday so that's good news. I'm sure my friend is going to have her baby on the 23rd too, her EDD is the 29th but I'm convinced the 23rd is more likely - we shall see!!

Lovely to meet you all, :hug:

Nicola xx

Hi and welcome from me too!
I'm due 27th August, but my first scan isn't until my 14th week! :(
So I'm going to ring around and try and get a private one this weekend, I can't wait any longer!
3 scans already?? That's pretty amazing!

Hi Eightball,

Shame you have to wait untill week 14, mind you a lot of places say before the end of trimester one and technically you enter T2 at the end of week 14 so I suppose yours are just doing them later than some. My 2nd scan was at 6w5d to detect the heartbeat, it was the most amazing thing ever this little bean shaped blob with a fluttering going on in the middle, everso precious I'll treasure that memory always. I've only had 3 scans because it's private, I doubt the NHS give you 3 in total, they have only offered me 12 and 20 week scans, that was it! :lol:

Nicola xx

hiya

im due 8th Aug and i so want it to hurry up :dance:

Hi Wend: Were due the same day!!! 08/08/07 that's such good news means we should be going through the same things at the same time. Do you have further appointments booked? I have my 16 week check on the 20th Feb and my 20 week scan on the 30th March.

Gonnabeamum: The 4th is only a few days before Wend and I so again were in a similar boat (and how many babies are actually born on their EDD anyway!) Looking forward to chatting with you!

Nicola x

Nicola said:
Hi Wend: Were due the same day!!! 08/08/07 that's such good news means we should be going through the same things at the same time. Do you have further appointments booked? I have my 16 week check on the 20th Feb and my 20 week scan on the 30th March.

Nicola x

Hiya Nicola , I have my 16 week check on the 19th feb and my 20 week scan on the 26 March

Hi,

Oh how come you get your 16-week a day before me and your 20 week 4 days before me....I'm jealous!! 8) I'm not too fussed about the 16 week check it's the 20 week scan I'm angling for now!!!!! It's excellent though that our dates are so close!

Nicola xx

Im sooo glad too i have someone to share my due date with .

I prob get my 20 weeks scan early because i wasnt allowed to have a 12 week scan :( .

They said because i had a scan which dated me at 9+5 there was no point in me having a 12 week one because there was only 2 weeks apart .

I was abit upset has i only saw baby at 9+5 and would have loved to see it again at 12 weeks .

But they found heartbeat and said everything was fine :)

I'm not but i am :think:
As i had major problems with my first 10 years ago i was told i would never have another natural birth so will be having a c section and as they wont let me go full term it will probably be mid Aug,

So my EDD is 8th Sept but will be having a Aug baby so long as everything goes to plan :dance:

Hiya Feefee im classed as high risk has i have type 2 diabetes so if the baby grows too quick these may have to induce me or give me a c section before my due date .

Ive been told to keep to the 8th Aug until i get closer too so they can tell me wheather i would need to have bubba early .

Im sooooooooo nervous and scared at the same time as been excited

I know what you mean i'm kaking it but so excited all at the same time :rotfl:

Morning Ladies,

Wend: What a shame about the 12 week scan, I was fortunate to have one at 6w5d and the heartbeat was found (baby looked like a little bean not baby shaped at all!) and then again at 12 weeks and wow it certinally was a baby then! The difference is amazing - I know you'd have been desperate for another scan and I think I'd have insisited but honestly I'm sure although a fraction bigger baby would have looked roughly the same if that makes sense. I'm glad to have an EDD buddy too!!

FeeFee: Wonderful to have you with us too although sorry it's because of the high risk - does that make sense? I wish I could have my little one in July instead of August but I'm happy to be healthily pregnant and expecting my first so I'm blessed what ever month, I'm just impatient and want my baby now type thing!!

My DH has got up this morning full of beans and decided to start on the nursery...I have this calendar thing that says start planning the nursery at week 13 and I think he's taking it literally. Anyway things are going up and down the stairs and shelves coming off the wall I think he's up there with the pollyfiller and ceiling paint now....sunday morning!! Men!! :wall: Ok I'll also admit I'm soooooo excited it's getting started but still! Men! :wall:

Nicola xx

Nicola sounds like you got him well trained!!! :clap:

Yeah fingers crossed for all of us that our babies are born healthy and happy eh? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back