Early scan private

scooby88

Reaction score
Has anyone paid to have an early private scan? Im around 9 weeks pregnant, and I registed with my local miwife last Monday, still havent heard anything. Ive found a place online which isnt far from where we live that does and early reassurance scan from 7 weeks for £65. I wondered if it would be worthwhile or shall I just wait for the NHS? I am a natural worrier and I just want tto know whether bub is ok and there is a heartbeat.

Has anyone paid to have an early private scan? Im around 9 weeks pregnant, and I registed with my local miwife last Monday, still havent heard anything. Ive found a place online which isnt far from where we live that does and early reassurance scan from 7 weeks for £65. I wondered if it would be worthwhile or shall I just wait for the NHS? I am a natural worrier and I just want tto know whether bub is ok and there is a heartbeat.

I think that you should go for it...if you are happy to spend the money. :) im also a natural worrier...i was lucky that my miswife offered to try and hear hb at 9 weeks and she foubd it which has made the wait for scan more bearable! :) xx

I had a private scan with Babybond at 9w 5d and it was bloody amazing!

Worth every penny (it cost £100 where we live!)

xxxxxxxxxx

It is completely personal choice but I had an early scan when I was 8 weeks 3 days. I'll add on the pic just so you get an idea of what you will see at this point. It was a lovely reassurance. Heartbeat can be seen from 6/7 weeks, my scan place wouldn't do it any earlier than 7 weeks. xx

Attachments

• 7 March 2012 1.jpg
    7 March 2012 1.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 23
Thanks ladies. My OH just said for me to be patient and wait for the NHS, but I feel like Ill be waiting ages! lol. Did you tell people once you'd had the scan or still wait until 12 weeks? Im waiting for the lady to call me back with an evening appointment for either this week or next, ill get round my OH somehow lol.

Hiya - I was same as you and just wanted reassurance. I never needed an early private scan as I had 4 at my EPU, but what I was going to say is I wanted one at 16 weeks to reveal gender. my OH convinced me to wait for my nhs one at 21 weeks. I really wish I hadn't listened to him and just went ahead and booked one. Don't think I would let anyone convince me to wait again!!! xx

I have booked it for Tues 26th at 5.45pm. If my OH moans, Ill go alone lol. I just need to know everything is ok, I think even if i had some contact with the midwife rather that none at all I would feel a litte more reasurred. Just feel quite alone and worried and I am hoping this scan will put my mind at rest. Do I tell the family after Tuesday once I get the ok, or is it still too early (ill be 10 weeks then.) x

I told my family at about 9w (I'd had one scan aleready by then and another booked for a few days after I told them!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Think I told my family at 9 weeks but we had had 3 scans by then. Everyone is different though - just see how you feel. I told everyone else at 13 weeks after our dating scan.xx

Hey hun, I've already told my family and OH's parents. Although even if something went wrong we'd tell them anyway. I haven't had a scan yet and I could be 12+wks now, dates are hazy. I would do a private scan if I could afford one but I can't so STILL waiting for a scan date, probably won't be for 2-3 weeks at least! :(
I have bought a doppler so hoping when that arrives I'll be able to hear the babies HB to put my mind at ease a bit.

I have told my parents and my sister, his dad and 2 of my aunties. A couple of his friends know too. Oh has 5 brothers and sisters who I am desperate to tell, but I did want to wait until the scan shows the all clear before breaking the news. Its rubbish keeping such a wonderful thing secret. I am too excited for Tuesday now. OH has just moaned and said I am too impatient, oh well :)

haha he moans now but once he goes with you / sees a scan pic he'll be just as happy as you are that you did it early. My OH just moaned at me for buying a doppler saying I'm impatient, it's different with guys as they just sit back and don't feel any change. It's our bodies that get all the symptoms and changes and if we want to be impatient about it and get some clarification on what's going on then we will :) lol
I just wish I could afford the private scan :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back