eBay idiot!

poochielove

Reaction score
I am so royally pissed off. I decided to list OH's van on ebay...how i wish we hadnt bothered....Some complete jumped up dickhead decided to press buy it now, didnt pay the £50 deposit via paypal that was requested immediately and then came to buy it only to offer UNDER HALF THE ASKING PRICE! OH told him to fuck off and stop wasting our time :rotfl: . Joking aside, he refused to pay or even refund the £20 it cost us in fee becasue he supposedly 'bought it'. OH told him not to press buy it now if he wasnt 100% as it just opens a whole can of worms. Baring in mind my full time job is selling at work on eBay this guy decided our advert was misleading and the van had been in a serious smash at some point...news to us! If anything the ad was far more honest than most! Anyhow i sent him an email;

In future could you not press buy it now when you have no intention of buying. Not only does it mean we have to relist but it also means we have to pay £20 to ebay for the privilage of you to view and offer under the asking price which states clearly in the listing NO OFFERS. You are extremely inconsiderate and a total timewaster.

Had a few hours kip :sleep: then recieved this;

We came down with the full intention of buying it at the full asking price & expected to find a clean, tidy van as was advertised. Instead we came over 130 miles to find a van which has been involved in a serious accident at some point which you have obviously tried to cover up by a bodgit paint job with second-rate inferior panels. The vehicle is not as described & if it isn't already, it should be recorded at least category D accident damaged, and should also have been listed as this in the vehicle advertisement.
You may be out of pocket £20 but I have wasted £60 in fuel & over half a day of my valuable time because of your deception/misrepresentation. I am choosing to give you the benefit of the doubt by not leaving any feedback, but should I find that you have left negative feedback for me, I shall not waste any time in raising a dispute with ebay who will take this deception very seriously as they go a long way to ensure that the ebay community is an honest one.

:shock: This really pissed us off as its a pack of lies! So i sent back ;

I think you are full of rubbish, how do we know it’s been in a crash just because you gave that as a reason as to not buying it. The van was empty of all our things (therefore CLEAN AND TIDY) and is in the same condition as bought – plus it is a work van so you obviously can’t eat your dinner off its floor. My partner bought this van not having any clue it had been in an apparent 'smash'. The van was described in bullet points describing the over all condition, re spray, tyres etc...How was this misleading? I use eBay at work for a living and am fully aware of how eBay’s policy works, so threatening will not work on me as you are actually tied to a contract to buy this and I can also open a dispute for non paying buyer. No one forced you to press buy it now. I am absolutely mortified that you are accusing my partner of a 'bodgit' job as it is in the same condition that we bought it and we knocked off £500 for the 6 months we have had it. I am an honest ebayer and if you want to view cheap vans then expect some wear and tear. Its sounds to me as if you need to get yourself down the showroom where you can buy a brand new van.

Too harsh? Do you think i should open an unpaid buyer dispute? I have excellent feedback and really dont want negative from him. I am so so pissed off, its a van...its works and looks nice what more does he want!! Why oh why did eBay take away sellers rights of leaving negative feedback?

i would give him chance to respond to that...how did he know where to come to see the van anyway?

i would give him till toorrow and if no reply start a dispute :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
tosser

Sarah&LJ said:
i would give him chance to respond to that...how did he know where to come to see the van anyway?

i would give him till toorrow and if no reply start a dispute :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
tosser

He rang up and got our address, Dan just assumed he had paid the deposit :wall:

I would open the dispute with ebay and if he reponds with negativity again do not reply, go through ebay.

Ah right sorry hun...just poppe into my head lol.

i dunno what to suggest hun :(

Can you still post negative feedback. I tried a few weeks ago after opening up a dispute and could only leave positive which I thought defeated the purpose.

I would give him a day then open the dispute as he obviously has no intention of completing the sale.

I hate timewasters like him.

I'm sure you can choose something on ebay that means you both have to agree to not buying/selling the item and you get your fees back.

Ebay/Ebayers are starting to really annoy me. Why cant sellers leave negative feedback anymore? From my experience of buying and selling on ebay the BUYERS are the worst not the sellers!!! Unless i can make a fortune from a single item then im more inclined to just bin it than waste my time on ebay! :wall:

Good luck though :hug:

NickyB said:
I'm sure you can choose something on ebay that means you both have to agree to not buying/selling the item and you get your fees back.
Yes, if you open an unpaid item dispute you can both agree to not complete the transaction and ebay refund fees. I'm going through the same thing with a buyer who changed their mind :roll: Why do people bother bidding if they have no intention of paying!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back