Electric or Microwave Steriliser??

amandapanda

Reaction score
Does it matter which you have? Is one better than the other? Tesco have offer on half price Tomme Tippee at the moment so want to buy one. Microwave one is a bit cheaper but if it's rubbish I'd rather spend a few quid more for electric....any opinions?? Ta! xx

I have electric and microwave damn sales lol but used electric last time as can fit more in it. X x

When I asked my mum she seemed to think getting an electric one is better. I got that and also have a mini micro steriliser to have in changing bag. The tommee tippee one I have, the bottles stay sterile for something like 24 hours as long as you don't open the lid I think. To be honest though, the micro one prob does the job just as well xx

Not sure whats better hun, I have the electric one and obviously yet to use it

x x x x

Weve got a big electric one as OHs brother his gf had a baby last year and they said they wish theyd spent more and got a big electric one - rather than having to constantly put things in microwave you can just do the whole lot at once x

Electric one by far it's just easy, swill bottles, fill sterilizer up, n turn it on do 6/8 bottles at once, job done x

ive went for the micro one.. I had my eletric one from my first son but decided to give this one a try as my friend has one and say they brill. Mine use to sit around on the bunker last time least this one i can put in micro when im not using it i got the one out asda looks fab but i guess they both do the same job xx

I had microwave one with my son, you can do 6 bottle at a time which was plenty and also if your travelling its good to use as its extremely light and you can just fill with water and sterilising tablets if you havent got microwave.. so like a 2 in 1.. infact i really should find mine out I have no idea where i put it!

Mmmm think I might get microwave one as I really haven't got much space on the work surfaces in my tiny kitchen. Am intending to BF anyway so hopefully will only be needing a few bottles for expressing etc.....thanks ladies! xx

I went for the electric one as my mam said if i got the microwave one and my microwave broke i would be buggered! xxx

I've got the microwave one as I didn't want a massive one in the kitchen and I'm planning to bf so should only need a few bottles for expressing xx

Well I've tried both and literally EVERY brand of bottle since Ella was born and up to now the best brand I have found without question is Dr Brown and the microwave steriliser.

However last week I bought some of the mothercare steriliser bottles which you don't need any sterilising equipment for and they are AMAZING! Soooo much easier - you can sterilise the bottle on it's own or up to 6 at a time and they sterilise in 1.5 mins for 1 and 6.5 mins for 6. The teat is v similar to dr brown and I can wholeheartedly recommend them- wish someone had told me about them in tri 3 - it would have saved me hundreds of pounds!

I got both. We got a new electric one and using Reshauns old microwave one. They're Tommee tippie ones. Xx

Well I've ordered the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Microwave one from Tesco at half price :) Plus 2 bottles at half price :) Plus a breast pump at Half price....sorted :) xx

ive got an electric one as its the same as my sisters.

also i have heard a few people say there microwave ones melted. xxx

I've got the microwave one and as i was breastfeeding it done the job just fine! now Im bottle feeding its a bit annoying as can only sterilize 4 bottles at a time But i didn't want an electric one sittin on the work top! x

Well I've ordered the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Microwave one from Tesco at half price :) Plus 2 bottles at half price :) Plus a breast pump at Half price....sorted :) xx

I got exactly the same the last time there was a sale on in babies R us, I plan on breastfeeding as well, so only need it for expressing later on,

ahad advent microwave 1 with me son 6 years ago got same this time round just feel so much easier and more efficent stick in go bak when u ready get bottles out so much easier for me stick bag take me mums if she has baby x

I'd go for both. I had both with my first which was handy if I went away for a few days i could take the microwave one and had the electric one for the house. My dad had the microwave one in the end at his house mainly for when Jayden stayed. Always good to have a microwave one incase the electric one breaks down or something. xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back