Empty sac :o(

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
I went to the EPU yesterday as I was having some persistent pains, they did my hcg and said it was 5,400 so I could have a scan today.

So, had the scan today at 5+3 and all the sonographer saw was an empty sac.
She said it could be just a bit too early and everything will be fine or it could be a blighted ovum :eek:(

I have to go back tomorrow for more bloods to see what the hcg levels are doing and then I'm booked in for another scan on the 21st December.

I'm really worried as with Isla I had a scan at 5+1 and could see a yolk and start of the fetal pole. But then every pregnancy is different so my optimistic side says maybe it will be ok...

Going to be a long wait till the 21st...

Try to remain positive & relaxed, keeping everything crossed for you
:hugs:
xxxx

Sorry to hear you have to go through this stress. Keeping everything crossed for you hun xxx

Aaww hun please try not to worry. Maybe because it's second baby that things are lying differently and they can't see anything yet :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

I know its hard hunny but try and stay positive.
I went through the same with Elexia at 6 weeks and had the agonising wait for the next scan but all was well and now shes here being a little madam and wont give me her wind!
Thinking of you hunny, if you need a chat just give me a shout. Massive :hugs: x x

Really sorry to hear this, I can imagine how far away the 21st feels right now! But in reality it is less than 2 weeks.

I agree with everyone that you should stick positive, 5weeks is early days so things can change x

I hope it is just too early to see anything on ur scan hun, so stay positive. Like u said every pregnancy progresses differently and maybe u ov'ed/ implanted slightly later than u thought, so are in fact earlier than 5+3 weeks xx

Try and stay positive hun, they couldn't see the baby at 6 weeks with me and he is now smiling at me

Aw hun, I'm sure its just too early, like you said, every pregnancy is different. Really hope times flys to 21st :hugs: Will you get blood results straight away though? x x

this sounds like mt story...i am 4-5 weeks gone and all we saw today was an empty sac :( they said it was too early to see anything else and had I have gone maybe yesterday i wouldn't have even seen the sac!!! I have to go back on the 22nd dec, seem like ages away!!! My hcg levels were over 2100, I have to go again in 2 days to see if they are doubling (fingers crossed) I'm sooo worried about my little seed. I know how you feel xx

Aww Hun try & stay positive, will be thinking of you :hugs: xx

Thanks so much everyone - you've helped me get some PMA back tonight!

I'll get my hcg results tomorrow evening so hopefully they will have increased as they should do!

Oh thats good, well at least that will put your mind at rest in the meantime hun. Fingers crossed for you :) x x

Thinkin of u hunny, hope all is ok tomorrow and at the scan :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hope everything is ok for you huni xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member