Exercise

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
How soon after giving birth can you start exercising properly again? (Ignoring the limitations of time)

I plan on walking with the pram as much as possible, and swimming, and if I can afford it the gym with the usual body combat/ pump classes etc as much as I can, but I really really want to go back to taekwondo - which his quite high impact. I've been out of training properly for about 5 years (was very obsessive and competing every weekend).

I know I wont have the time to train like I used to, but think that a wee hour a week would be nice (me and hubby have an agreement!)

I was just wondering how soon after the birth you think my body will be up to it?

Ooo martial arts!!!!!!

I have been doing Tai chi and other martial arts for more than 20 years!!! Then I moved in Norway in a small place that i have no martial arts near me...
Since then I have been practicing alone only.
What are you planning to do with LO while you are going to gym?

I suppose as I don't have any day care pram walking and martial arts at home for me it will be...
Not that the weather in Norway will be good enough for pram walking lol but we will see.
I was thinking about a treadmill that I can use when LO is sleeping but then I saw the prices of that lol...

I think they give you the go ahead at your 6 week check x

Princess!!!! I can't go out and about with the pram for 6 weeks??? :faint:

Gym time will be family members chance to look after LO for an hour or so :lol:. It wont be often as I will be breastfeeding, so will just have to play it by ear.

I moved to Scotland and couldn't find a club that I liked, and after a year or so of trying I gave up. Just before I fell pregnant I found the perfect club, but never got the chance to start, and I'm so excited about going back.

I will happily give up gym etc if I can have one taekwondo session a week!

Plus I've heard of the 6 week thing .. but I think walking will be fine till then? Im really looking forward to be able to walk again :rotfl:

Walking etc is fine but they advise not to start any other exercise that's high impact until after your 6 week check

To be honest you'd be lucky if you wanted to do proper exercise before then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back