Faint line - early pregnancy or was it an early miscarriage?!

I agree with the others they do look like they ate getting darker hope this is your bfp xx

Just a quick update, this mornings test looks lighter than yesterday's, will keep testing and recording results over the next few days. Xx

Help! I think I'm obsessed.....!! I've done 3 tests today! Don't know why but just keep wondering! This mornings and the one I did when I got in from work looked a bit fainter than yesterday's, but I started feeling queasy again this evening so out of interest I did another to see if there was any correlation and it is darker than the earlier 2. I know that I won't really know for sure if it is leftover hormones from a chemical pregnancy until I've done digi tests one week after the other (buying my first one tomorrow) and/or if my period arrives around 5th may, but I can't help but keep checking for that pink line!! >.<
I'm wondering, if it was a chemical pregnancy, how soon would the hcg levels drop? Period was only about 3 days late so would have been an early mc. Also, would I have signs of ovulating this month if it had been that? Not had the usual few days of watery discharge, it's been quite minimal and thick/sticky (sorry, TMI!!). Xx

some women do bleed while pregnant and don't miscarry. perhaps it is a good time to temp first thing in the morning,as long as the the temp stays high it is all well if it drops and keeps dropping (and you get snother bleed) you can consider it as not pregnant. also after a miscarriage the hcg levels drops quickly (after a full term pregnancy you can still test positive for six weeks because of the high hcg levels that need to leave the body).

good luck

I know the obsessed feeling - think it is the uncertainty that does it. I did several in one day simply because I was looking for the strong line or no line and I kept getting the faint in between!! Argh.

It is strange that you are getting a mix although that is quite a positive sign - mine never got any darker then I started to bleed like a normal period except it was clotty at times so doc told me I had a chemical preg and since then I have not had any symptoms of pregnancy except being really tired so I am sure the doctor was right.

Please keep us informed though as I would like to hear if you get the good news you are looking for! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for your advice and opinions. It helps me feel I'm not alone in this! I'm new to this forum lark so while I'm waiting for more news, what are all your stories? How long ttc, and bfp's or babies or are you still ttc? Xx

Gosh, they do look like they are getting darker. I really hope this is your BFP!!

:dust:

Soooooo I did a clearblue digi, got 2-3 weeks pregnant. Which is cool and very exciting but it's also confusing because we had sex last Sunday and then around 6 weeks ago. So we're a bit mystified! And of course there's been the 'period' in between. Going to do another one in a week which in theory is about a week before my next period is due. We'll see but we both have our fingers crossed! I'm going to take some of the strips away with me to do some tests in the week to check the line is still there. This is all VERY surreal and confusing!! Anyone else had strange results from clear blue digital? X

Hey if the digi is saying you're pregnant, then sounds very promising to me! There are women who get bleeds during their pregnancy so perhaps that's the explanation?

Plus, I think you need to add a couple of weeks onto the digi to get the standard 'date', e.g. you could be at least 4-5 weeks pregnant. However, as it doesn't give numbers higher than 2-3 weeks you could be even further along!

Anyway I have my fingers crossed for you and hope you have a fab weekend away!

xx

Yeah I should be 4-5 weeks in real terms (doctor terms!!) so that would mean my period should have started 4-5 weeks ago. I had one start 2 weeks ago and one 6&1/2 weeks ago. Weird...! As you say, could be a bit out anyway. There is a 3+ option. Just hoping that one comes up in a weeks time!! Xx

Glad you seem to be making some progress. I'd be tempted to go back to the docs if it goes up again or you test for lines and they are dark. See another doc though x

Last edited:
Yes will do. I'm going to be back home next Sunday so if readings are higher then I'll definitely book in at the docs again. And ask for a different one ;) I'll keep you posted with any developments through the week while I'm away. Much love ladies! Hope things are going good for you all. X

I'm so impatient..... Doing the test strips every morning and they're still showing the line but they don't really seem to be getting darker, just staying at the same colour since probably Thursday. I know that's not long ago but I'm wondering of any of you have experience of this and if you know at what kind of stage in the pregnancy the two lines would appear as the same shade of pink. Desperate to see a darker line to know that something is happening!!! Xx

In a week the clearblue digital should say 3 plus if your hcg levels are going up. This will be the best indication.

I have had 2 Scans with no hb found... been bleeding since weds not heavy and not cramping... im thinking the worst but did a clear blue digi yest and said preg 3+... Will this still work even.if i mc as its different to a line test!?

Is that the first digi one you've done? I'm still getting positive HPT's but paranoid as they aren't getting any darker, in fact I think they're lighter! Can't wait for Thursday to do anther digi to see if anything has progressed or regressed. Fingers crossed its moving forward but I don't feel very positive when I don't see a nice dark line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back