Feel like crying...

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
....I have had enough :(
As a few of you know, Monday we got the 1st results from the amnio which was great & said we are having a little girl which we are over the moon about ( hubby comes from a family of 6 boys).
Anyway my sister has the only grand-daughter at the moment, we went on holiday back in May to celebrate my 30th and my brother in-law was an ass cos I didn't feel well and refused to drink, kept commenting saying things like 'I'm sure you did this on purpose just to ruin the holiday' (we was ttc for a couple of years!!)
Anyway my hubby and my mum both said whilst we was on holiday they thought we was having a girl as my pregnancy's over the boys was identical and this one is so different!! Bro in-law then said 'that doesn't mean anything, I think your being stupid saying things like that & shouldn't get our hopes up as we would be devastated when we find out its a boy!' I thought my hubby was gonna smack him!
Since then I have seen my sister a few times, she was ok but distant with me....then when she was up the other day she said 'I hope its not a girl, cos Sophie wont like that!' (my niece) I was so shocked & hurt, I cried when she went! At this point we had the worry of the amnio & all we wanted was a healthy baby, didn't care about the sex!
Anyway before the amnio, my sister never even wished us luck, not even on the day!! She never called after to see if we was ok! Ouch!!!
Then when we got the results, we was all on cloud 9! I called her but she didn't answer! My mum called her a few minutes later & she answered!! My mum told her I tried to call & she just said she was to busy to answer the phone!!! My mum told her the results, she never said she was glad we got good results! Then when my mum said it was a girl, she got all on her high horse saying they could be wrong!!! My mum told her that the test was 100% and all she said is 'nothings 100%'
Since then she has not called me to congratulate us or anything, I am so hurt & upset, before I was pregnant we was so close :cry:

Sorry to moan, but to top it off it looks like things arnt looking good for me at work either :cry: I've just had enough & should be so happy, but right now I don't feel it x x x

:hugs: :hugs:

Is it possible your sister could be jealous? I know she has a girl, but maybe there is something going on that you don't know about that is making it difficult for her. Doesn't make it any better or give her the excuse to be like that, but it may go toward explain why she is.

Perhaps you could write her a letter and tell her how you feel, she may not even realise that she's upsetting you or being insensitive. If you do it via a letter, at least you have time to compose it and things won't just come out and end up in a slanging match

Your sister is definately being an awkward, inconsiderate b*tch! I can totally understand why you are feeling neglected by her. Jealousy is such a horrid thing to see in someone you are supposed to be close to.

All I can advise is that you really try to ignore how she is being. You have had great results and know you're having a much wanted girl - try to gloat in it and enjoy for what it is - ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! This is a special time for you and your husband - don't let her ruin it for you anymore. Try to be around people who are genuinely happy for you, that will help you forget what she has done xxxx

I think she is jealous I'm sorry to say, but you don't have to put up with it, just take.no notice of her as she is making herself look awful, with the way she is acting, her husband sounds like a nob too, I would keep your distance for now xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

My mum thinks she is jealous :( the thing is, she fell out with everyone for 8 years because of her husband. I live just streets away from my mum and see her at least 5 times a week. My sister moved quite far away and only visits once or twice a month. My mum is much closer to my boys than her children which is understandable but she does't treat them any different. I told her I was hurt & confused in a text but she didn't text back. My mum thinks she will come round before baby is born, I'm not so sure :(

Thanks girls, I am trying to ignore her, but its easier said than done! I don't think she realizes that she is making her self look bad :( her husband is a nob, a controlling nob! We tried to stand up for her, that's why he made her choose! Now we just have to accept him or loose her and the kids :( x x x

I was worried about telling my 4 year old sister but she was fine with it! I think your sister needs to stop being petty! Hopefully shell get over it soon xx

You have all our support hun, your sister sounds really unhappy with herself, xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Thanks girls. Yeah sadly she is but she is the only one who can sort that. I am not gonna let it get to me, I have had enough stress just lately without peoples jealousy adding to it. I've had a chat with my mum, she is going to have a chat with her, but she is sure she will soon calm down especially when Lillianne is here, I just hope it don't take her that long.

And on the plus side, I have phoned work and spoke to my boss, looks like we have a few shit stirrers and my job is safe. That is a huge relief! Thanks loads girls. Sorry I had such a moan, bloody hormones! X x x x

Glad everything is sorted with work! That's one thing off your mind! Here's hoping the chat with your sister will help out a bit

Yeah I agree thanks Mrsmc, I cant understand why though, she has a beautiful princess! I thought she would be happy for me! X x x

Maybe it's the attention thing my Sis kicks up a fuss whenever anything is happening for me! Graduation, wedding and now baby x

You're sister is being an absolute cow ! I'm sorry but it's the truth, and you should tell her as much !! You shouldn't let anyone, no matter who they are, treat you like that ! ou're hubby should have smacked him at the time, and you should have told you're sister to leave you're house if that is her attitude! I know she's you're family but at the end of the day she isnt acting like you are family, she's acting like a jealous cow who doesnt want to be happy for you or for you to be happy!

You should only be caring about, you and your baby at this time, and your hubby! You should be over the moon and allowed to enjoy your pregnancy no matter what sex the baby is, as long as the baby is healthy and growing is all you should care about! Personally I wouldnt allow my sister anything to do with me and my pregnancy or the baby untill she grow's up and appologises for what she has and is putting you both through!

If that's the way she is behaving then maybe you should be thinking do i need that in my life, does my baby? xxx

Definitely jealousy, and of course that test is 100% :lol: it's not like it's a guess from a 2D ultrasound!
Glad you're feeling better hun and not letting it get to you :) You shouldn't!

xxx

Can understand you're upset by her, I would be if my sister behaved like that. Jealous people are so difficult to deal with, aren't they, and it's particularly sad if it is those who are meant to be happiest for us and closest to us. I hope your mum is right and she will come round soon. Try not to let it spoil things for you, it's fantastic that you have had such good results, and you will have a beautiful baby girl! Maybe if you let her stew in her juices for a while she will realise that she's the one whose losing out if she continues to behave in this manner...

Thanks girls. I have decided I am not going to keep chasing her, she knows where I am if she wants me. I cant keep getting worked up over it when she doesn't reply to texts or answer the phone! Just hope she comes round soon! X x x

Sorry to hear this hun :hug: I think you're right to leave her to it. If she values your relationship, she needs to put some effort back into it. I'm just guessing, but I think she may be in an unhappy relationship and jealous of your happy family.

xxx

She's very unhappy, but will only admit this when she has had to much to drink :( he has a lot of control over her, but sadly unless she is willing to help herself, we cant help her. We have tried in the past and been made to look like the bad guys. She has always admitted that she would love to be free like me, the thing is, I wont let anyone control me! If I wanna go out with my girls, I will! I wanted to be a working mum & I am! I wont be spoken down to by Ash or any man! I will wear what I want! And in all fairness I believe Ash respects me more for being this way. Just wish she could find it in herself to stand up for herself! X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back