Feeling sick when laying down?

amandapanda

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this...it's becoming a nightly thing for me now and I'm realising it's a big part of my trouble sleeping. I've often complained of waking up every hour or so and I realise it is because after lying flat for that amount of time I am feeling quite sick and light headed. As soon as I sit up I begin to feel ok again.....could it be a drop in blood pressure or something? I'm not lying on my back, just my sides.....xx

Could be blood pressure hun. Are you getting acid indigestion? I've been feeling sick and lightheaded all day :(

x

The acid has died down a bit lately..that's a whole other thing that keeps me up, lol. I'm also getting really headachey when lying down....but could be my rubbish pillows....

Do you get the feeling like all the blood is rushing to your head when you're lying down? I've had that for ages.

Yes kind of....I wake up and realise I am feeling really light headed and queasy so I sit up on the side of the bed and I feel everything kind of balance back out again. I'll then lay back down cause I'm so sleepy but the same feeling will come back again after a bit...it's very strange! Would have thought that lying down would stop someone feeling light headed! xx

In late pregnancy they say just lie on ur left side, may help x

I agree with Nadine, you need to sleep on your left side. Do you have a couple of pillows under your head? Raising your head a little could help. Also have a pillow at your back to stop you rolling onto your back when you're sleeping. I once managed to get on my back and felt terrible because I couldn't breath properly.

HTH.xx

I agree with Nadine, you need to sleep on your left side. Do you have a couple of pillows under your head? Raising your head a little could help. Also have a pillow at your back to stop you rolling onto your back when you're sleeping. I once managed to get on my back and felt terrible because I couldn't breath properly.

HTH.xx

i been feeling sick but from being so hot, i have toget cold flannel and put it on my head sometimes. try the lieing down on your left side like others have said and see if it helps any.

I read somewhere the other day that the light headed/sicky feeling when lying down is caused by baby pressing on a vein or artery (can't recall which) that then limits your circulation. It's supposed to be worse when lying on your back, but depending on baby's position can be when you lie down on sides too :)

Nothing major to worry about by the sounds of things, try sleeping propped up a bit maybe? get in touch with the pros if you're really worried tho :) xxx

Yeah my midwife told me to lie on my left side as ive been sick all the way through, often wake up choking on acid (when i do sleep!) she said prop myself up too x

Well I've had a nap this afternoon and remembered to lie on my left side...it def feels a bit better that way. Baby is very much jutting out of my right side and that pressing on a vein or artery theory sounds about right...it is that same feeling as laying on my back, but I'm getting it laying on my side, so will try to stick to my left from now on xx

ive been trying to sleep on my left hand side but sods law is i feel more comfy on my right. i try to chop and change but mainly stay on my left as much as i can. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back