Finaly my first period after Devon is here

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Bit of a pointless thread really, but after Breastfeeding Devon for 9 months today, My first period started yesterday, last time I had one was after MC on 7th April 2010!! :dance: before that it was Dec 2009!!

I'm sounding so pleased about it, as I have been a bit of a physco mum for the last few months , with my mood swings , teanage skin! and hormones a bit all over the shop, so me and my poor family are looking forward to being back to normal.:lol:

Anyone else have to wait a long time for theres to return after breastfeeding?

Funnily enough for info for anyone else waiting still, Devon dropped his mid morning, after lunch and mid afternoon feeds all at once on the 1st of Sept onwards, , we are only feeding at 530/6am and then at bedtime 630pm - and then hello, 34 days later my period was back!

Oh the cost of Lillets now, wow........

Last edited:
i got my 1st AF today aswell, not breastfeeding but i remember why i hate having them so much... wasnt feeling myself for the past 2 days and then woke up to my AF this morning! luckily i have a few spare pads from after i gave birth, but will definitely be going out to buy some tampons, hate wearing pads!!

Im still waiting on mine sooo annoying !

Wow! I didn't realise AF would disappear for so long! I came on here to see if my not having AF 10 weeks post birth was normal. I had no idea the witch could stay away for so long when breast feeding! Great news! xx

I've just spent the last two weeks getting Sophia off me and the last few days I've not fed her at all (from me, lol!).

Not really looking forward to af coming, but interested to see if they will be like normal peoples (I had/have pcos and had very long cycles)

Must remember to stock up on tampax!!

Last edited:
I've just spent the last two weeks getting Sophia off me and the last few days I've not fed her at all (from me, lol!).

Not really looking forward to af coming, but interested to see if they will be like normal peoples (I had/have pcos and had very long cycles)

Must remember to stock up on tampax!!

Blimey Well done Jenni - is it ready to go back to work? Where has this last 9 mths gone...
Was it easy to do, does she drink formula from a beaker at bedtime ok?:lol:

Wow! I didn't realise AF would disappear for so long! I came on here to see if my not having AF 10 weeks post birth was normal. I had no idea the witch could stay away for so long when breast feeding! Great news! xx

Yes breastfeeding can really save you money, what with the formula savings, the tampax too.....:whistle:

Mine arrived at 8 and a half months, not in any kind of definite cycle yet though, had 2 af's so far in the last 19 months - didnt miss them when they'd gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back