Formula feed preparation on the go

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi,

Sam has a top up of formula milk now and then.

Anyway, I use the ready made formula as it's only half a carton a day at the most we use, but would ideally like to use Hipp organic which only comes in powder. If I wanted to use it on the go, how does this work? Would I put the cooled boiled water into his bottle, take that with us, and add the powder when he's due his feed?

If so, how long can I keep the water in the bottle before using it?

Thanks

Lisa

Yep that's how I would do it (though I don't use Hipp). The water, assuming it's in a sterilised bottle with lid needs to be chucked out after 24 hours.

Oh wow brilliant, I thought it would only be for a few hours so thats even better!

Thanks !

L xx

i use hipp and thats how i do it , i make up 24 hours of bottles with coiled water ( all be it thats only 3 now lol ) and take out with me the powder in a lil pot , add when needed , hipp mixes really well at room temp too and leland loves it cold , your lil one with being breastfeed might want it warmed up tho ! if thats the case , i warm the water up , then add the powder , then i have to mix it really well , that way there's no hot spots ( i use microwave to heat 10-15 sec depending how big bottle is )

Sorry to barge in on this topic but im confused.
I thought you could only had formula powder to HOT boiled water not cooled boiled water as the powder isnt sterile? If you add it to cooled boiled water is the water still killing all the germs in the powder because i thought only boiling water would do this? Am a tad confused sorry if im being thick :doh:

:talkhand: i dont get all the sterile stuff! I sterilise the bottles and let the boiled water cool for 20 mins before I put it in the bottle. Then I just add powder when I need it to water at room temp.

Evie's still alive.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back