formula

nicola0531

Reaction score
I breastfeed all day and was considering the last feed before bed to be formula so he settles for longer as can be up every 2 hours on a bad night does anyone else do this? or should I continue breast exclusivley I have tried ebm last thing but he is still up 2-3 hours later any suggestions

i formula feed hun so have no suggestions but i have heard a few ladies on here say they formula feed for the night feed so im sure they can help but didnt want to read n run. :hug:

xxxxx

i've tried it - i'll bf him first, then give formula but tbh, it just seems to wake him up even more!! :wall:

i think connor might be an exception to the rule though?! :lol:

the only thing I would say is that sometimes babies can start to refuse the boob when you give bottles, as it's easier for them to get the milk out. I done it for a week on EBM to see how much he was taking and it was a real struggle to get him back on the boob. I'm not really one for trying to fill babies up so they sleep longer iykwim x

I did it successfully from about 4 months onwards after being fed up of the sleepless nights..! We started on SMA Gold but found it made him a bit constipated so moved onto Cow and Gate without a problem. Give the same amount as you would with EBM and see if it helps, there's no harm in doing that at all though it could take a couple of nights. Hardcore breastfeeders would probably say it decreases your milk supply, and maybe it does, but I carried on feeding anytime I wanted up til 7 months absolutely fine.

nicola0531 said:
I breastfeed all day and was considering the last feed before bed to be formula so he settles for longer as can be up every 2 hours on a bad night does anyone else do this? or should I continue breast exclusivley I have tried ebm last thing but he is still up 2-3 hours later any suggestions

I have given Alex a bottle at bedtime for the past 2 nights I feed him the formula at 9.30 and he wakes at 4.30 for a breastfeed but I feel bad that I should be feeding him myself every 2 hours like before as I dont want people thinking I am feeding him full of formula so I get sleep just that he needs a good night sleep himself not sure what to do now I feed all day everyday :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back