fruit, veg and milk for those on low income or beneits

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Hi

Just wanted to remind people that if you're on a very low income then you should be entitled to the healthy start vouchers which you can get fruit, veg and milk with. You can definitely get these if you're on benefits.

Hope mods don't mind me pointing this out but benefits don't tell you automatically about these. I found out from going to the doctors and spotting a leaflet.

I tried to find out about this for myself. I wasn't entitled to anything.

I work 12 hours a week (sometimes can do overtime up to 40 hours) just depends if they have enough payroll. So I roughly get £270 a month.

My partner was working 10 hours a week at the same place so he was on a bit less than me.

We applied for everything that was possible because we could only just afford to pay the bills, rent and scrape a bit for food.

They told us we were not entitled to anything because we earn't too much between us and because we couldn't get any kind of benefit we couldn't get the healthy start vouchers!

Its shocking!!!

That sucks, sorry if I got the information wrong then. I thought if you were on a low wage and working tax credits then you could claim it. Sorry please forgive me. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back