getting to know you

libs

Reaction score
those of us still TTC - lets get to know a little about each other...

1. How long have you been TTC?

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment?

3. Do you or OH have children?

4. Where do you live?

5. How old are you and OH?

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest :rotfl: )

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC?

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC?

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives?

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you :roll: )

And my answers :D

1. How long have you been TTC? this will be 4th cycle with this donor - having had a couple of wasted cycles with donors who didn't arrive (nearly wrote come :oops: :rotfl: ) on the right day

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? No

3. Do you or OH have children? Yes - my DS is 13, DH has 3 children all grown up

4. Where do you live? Midlands UK - little estate that was originally a mining village then became a council estate, it's quite nice tho - surrounded by farms and countryside

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 32, DH is 54

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest :rotfl: ) Yes :oops: Dh not me tho :? Actually one name that could be used for both

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? I'm starting to doubt the legs in the air one, have an orgasm after donation, MM (tho I'm considering dropping that one - when I stop taking it after donation I seem to get a cough)

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? All family except my grandparents (try explaining donation to them..mind you its been on corrie now :rotfl: ) - some friends

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? That next month will be my month and at least everything is still working

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC? Just let it happen naturally - courtesy of my dumb patronising sister)quote]

That's a great idea libs.....those of us still TTC - lets get to know a little about each other...

1. How long have you been TTC? 2 months, on my second cycle

3. Do you or OH have children? Yes, a 4 year old called James

4. Where do you live? In a small town in Aberdeenshire (I won't say which one cos it's so small you could find me easily!)

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 26, my OH Neill is 30

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) I like Thomas or Liam for a boy....Sophie, or Georgia for a girl (would probably use Mae for a middle name as that was OH grans name) OH likes the name Tegen as well

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? None at the moment but that may change as my obsession grows!

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? Have told a few people we want another baby next year but not that we're actively trying

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? That I'm lucky enough to have James so if I don't have another one it's not the end of the world

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) Relax about it!

This is great, although there doesn't seem to be that many of us left! :)

1. How long have you been TTC? 3 months (this is the third cycle)

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? Not yet, although did take some Foliculum to see if it helps sort my cycles out as they're a bit duff since TTC

3. Do you or OH have children? Nope, don't have any children on either side

4. Where do you live? Preston, UK. (although only 4 months and 12 days til we're moving to Australia)

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 28 Hubby's 35

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) We've tossed around a few ideas. Although we can't seem to agree! I just know that non of the ones he's picked will be names for our children! :)

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? Not really strictly, I eat yoghurt anyway because i like it, Although did try putting my legs up in the air this time (See if that works)

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? Not everyone, my mum does (and all the people she speaks to :rotfl: ) In-laws don't, but some of my friends do.

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? There's always next month and it's still early days compared to a lot of people on this forum.

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) Just relax it'll happen when you relax, stop thinking about it! (like that's easy :wall: )

1. How long have you been TTC? 3rd Cycle

3. Do you or OH have children? i have two girls 8 & 7

4. Where do you live? Poole, Dorset

5. How old are you and OH? Im 26 he's 27

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) We've talked about a few boys names

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? Not that i can remember

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? My sister, Aunt, cousin and SIL

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? That i've already had two and i know i'm ov it will just take a bit of time

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) RELAX!!! If only it was that easy, especially the 2ww, there is nothing else but waiting

:D

Hi my name is Fiona and here are my answers;

1. How long have you been TTC? This is my second cycle.

2. Have you had any medical intervention? No

3. Do you or OH have children? Yes we have a little boy who is 4.

4. Where do you live? In the north east.

5. How old are you and OH? I am 27 and OH has just turned 39.

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LO? (be honest). Kinda, but nothing concrete.

7. What old wives tales or remedies or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? The only thing I have tried is the legs in the air.

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? A few members of the family on my side do, but haven't told any freinds yet.

9. What keeps you going each month when AF arrives? At the moment but has only been 2 months, just the idea that we are at the beginning of a new cycle and that this could be it.

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC? Try not to think about it too much, it'll happen when it happens. :|

So that is where I am up to. Look forward to chatting to everyone! :D

Hi everyone!

1. How long have you been TTC? 18 months!! :(

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? No treatment yet, but lots of tests. Being referred for IVF, but hoping a miracle happens before then!

3. Do you or OH have children? No

4. Where do you live? Birmingham

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 28, he's 27.

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) No. There are names i like, but he hates and vice versa!

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? None that i can think of.

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? My mom and a few of my friends.

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? It would be nice if AF did arrive every month!! At least it would be a sign that i'm working properly, at the moment i'm on CD96! :wall:

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) Nothing as not many people know and those that do know that its going to take a lot more than relaxing!

I like this.....i hope some more people join in, i'm nosey!

Michelle x

libs said:

1. How long have you been TTC? - 7 month this cycle

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment?-no

3. Do you or OH have children?- yes a lil girl , will be 2 on the 28th

4. Where do you live? wales

5. How old are you and OH?- im 24 OH is 21

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest :rotfl: ) - none that both of us agree on

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? legs in the air

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC?- yes escept my future MIL

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? this time next month i will be pg

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you :roll: )- useless info lol

1. How long have you been TTC? I guess since May? We were going to start trying in May, but got pregnant in April. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in June and I'm now patiently waiting for my first AF so I can try again.

3. Do you or OH have children? No

4. Where do you live? London

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 30, he's 28.

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) We haven't decided anything for sure, but we both like Hannah for a girl and Hayden for a boy.

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? None yet.

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? Our mothers know that we want to try again asap.

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? I'm not sure since we got pregnant before we started trying and I haven't had one since. I think this next one, I will just be so happy that my body is back to normal and we can start TTC.

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC? No one really knew before we got pregnant, so luckily I haven't heard anything annoying.

This is our first month

No

Yes- Elliott who is 19 months

4. Where do you live?

Bristol

We're both 31

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest :rotfl: )

Yes if it's a girl because we had decided on one for last time but we can't agree on boy's names!

Legs up and having an orgasm

They probably do although we haven't said that we are

This is our first month but if nothing happens then the thought of a large glass of wine or two some soft cheese and a very hot bath will get me through it!

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you :roll:

No one officially knows!

)[/quote]

1. How long have you been TTC? This is 3rd month.

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? Nope

3. Do you or OH have children? No, 1st one.

4. Where do you live? Small villiage in Herefordshire

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 31, he's 33. Known each other since we were 17 /19 and finally getting married in 4 weeks!!!

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) YEP...secret!!!

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? Having lots of sex!

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? Some do.

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? I can drink at the wedding!

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) It'll happen! (this was someone who got preg after 1 unprotected night!)

Doesn't seem many of us left???? :wave:

This is great - loads I didn't know about you all :D

Anna - my dad and stepmum lived in Hereford for a long time, I missed visiting when he moved :( Lovely place

Vikky - didn't know you were moving to Australia - how exciting :D

and if anyone else is reading this thread...see how annoying it is when people tell us to relax :evil: :D

Thought I'd add mine too! Even though we won't offically start TTC till September. I am a teacher in the US - we get 3 months off for summer break starting the end of May. We are trying to plan the baby to arrive during that time, as I get longer for summer than I would for maternity leave.

1. How long have you been TTC? We are getting ready to start actively TTC. I had been on birthcontrol since 15 years old, and just came off of it about a year ago. I am trying to sort out my cycles and when I ovulate and all that before we start TTC. I think it'll be less stressful if I know what's going on with my body. So, this is my 2nd cycle on the forum...but will start TTC in September.

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? no.

3. Do you or OH have children? This would be our first. We've been married for a little over a year now.

4. Where do you live? We live in the US, in South Carolina. Just so you know -- this is the best TTC forum in THE WORLD!!!

5. How old are you and OH? I'm 26 and DH is 29.

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) We have a LONG list of both boy and girl names, but I do have my favorites. Right now I love Daliah for a girl and Dylan for a boy.

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? none yet.

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? Two of my close friends know, and my youngest sister. No one else.

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? At least I can have a nice strong drink tonight!

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) Nothing yet, but one of my friend's eyes went as big around as saucers and I thought she was gonna choke on her food when I told her. Makes me wonder what she was thinking.

Great idea!

1. How long have you been TTC? We tried for 7 months last year before our wedding and have now been trying for nearly 3 months so a grand total of 10 months :-(

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? No, nothing but will seek medical help in a couple of months if still no progress

3. Do you or OH have children? No, neither of us - TTC our first

4. Where do you live? Southampton!

5. How old are you and OH? Both 27

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest) Er, Yeah :oops: Daisy or Finley

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? Nothing, tried the MM but made me feel ill so just lots of BD!

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? My closest friends and our parents have their suspicions - we are newlyweds for goodness sake!

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? Lots of upcoming BD next month!

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC? 'Just relax, it will happen' - yeah but when?!!!

My sister's baby (the one due in October) will be Finlay if its a boy :D

Hello everyone

probably since Xmas 2005

Laporoscpy in Jan 2006 to check tubes and then fell pregant a year later to miscarry at about 7 weeks or so.

nope - no kids yet

Scotland but im a geordie

I am 27 and OH Neil is 32

Flyn and Mhairi or Rowan

I do legs up and lie for 20mins after

yeah obvious after the m/c

having a drink and prawns and knowing I can focus on my career without running to loo to pee on stick for 2 weeks until next month

After my m/c very partronising people, my motther in law only has 1 ovary but she had 3 before she was 25 and tells me to 'relax' and that i am obsessed and it will jinx it, if she were me and had had a m/c she would know...

I work in a college helping students with dyslexia and im also dyslexic my self, please excuse my spellings :oops:

thanks for your help so far, would like a buddy or someone who will be testing in 2 weeks and has the 2 ww ahead xx

1. How long have you been TTC? This is our first month

2. Have you had any medical intervention/treatment? no

3. Do you or OH have children? yes our little princess Evie is coming up for 4 months old

4. Where do you live? Dundee Scotland

5. How old are you and OH? Im 21 and my DH is 33

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) if we have another Girl we always wanted her to have red hair and either call her Red or for it to be her nickname.

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? This time we are hoping for a boy so we are trying to BD as close to OV as possible and not as much before.

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? No, im not to sure if they will think we are stupid for wanting two kids under th age of 2.

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? Fortunatly i havent had to deal with that yet.

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC? It will happen when your least expecting it, well i am frikking expectin it!

:D

Hiya :wave:

1. How long have you been TTC? 3 months

3. Do you or OH have children? None at all

4. Where do you live? Warrington, Cheshire

5. How old are you and OH? 36 and 36 :)

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ) Oh yes ;o)

7. What old wives tales or folk remedies do you follow to help you TTC? Legs in the air!

8. Does everyone (ie family and friends) know you're TTC? Best friends and parents

9. What thought keeps you going each month when AF arrives? Oh well more sex!!!

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you ) It will happen and just relax and go with the flow!! (easy said)

aw this is lovely :hug:

Since November 2005, so 1year and 8 months

many tests that have all come back ok, just waiting for HSG appointment

I have 2 daughters, 14 and 11, who live with thier father. OH has none.

4. Where do you live?

in a lovely little place called taffs wel, on the outskirts of cardiff with a stream and forest and valleys literally on our doorstep :)

im 32, OH is 36

6. Do you already have names picked out for your future LOs? (be honest ROTFL )

Danyaal for a boy, Tara or Eva for a girl

none lol - maybe I should?

yep everyone hehe

that it will happen, but not before he/she is ready to come down and be with us so we just have to patient.

10. What's the most annoying thing someone has said to you about TTC?(you know - the little lines everyone trots out to you Rolling Eyes )

i dont remember being annoyed by anything - yet lol [/b]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back