good boobie & bad boobie???? what's going on?

Chrissy1

Reaction score
Ok, I have a bit of a bizarre problem so please don't laugh and point at me and call me a freak!!

I seem to have one boobie that is better and more productive than the other :oops: :oops:

When I express my right boobie always seems to produce loads more milk and at twice the speed of my left one and I don't know why. I always alternate feeding and when I express I try to make sure I express the same amount from each breat to keep things balanced but the left one never seems to be as productive as the right one. It's almost like the hole is smaller so it's harder to get the milk out. My left boob never seems to feel as full as my right one either and it hardly ever leaks whereas my right one always seems like it's very full, particularly in the mornings, and leaks because it's so full :think:

Any ideas on how I can even it out because I feel like Poppy won't be getting enough of a feed when she's on my left breast

My left was the same, keep alternating your feeds and it'll get the message. It takes about six weeks to establish your supply, mine evened about five weeks.

It's completely normal to feel one boob is better than the other in terms of producing milk, just remember that your LO will always be far more efficient at getting your milk than an expresser. Best solution is to persevere with feeding and expressing off the less efficient boob to stimulate your supply and it will even out in time. Don't worry about it, your LO will let you know if she needs more milk... :hug:

its to do with you being either right handed or left handed... I don't remember which :think: Im right handed and its my left booby that is more productive. The way I got round it was, as I was co sleeping and lil miss got to latch on whenever she wanted... I would only let her feed from my right at night, unless she started really fussing, which was when I knew it was completely empty and moved her over... that seemed to get things equal.

I had exactly the same, my right boobie is not as productive as left. That's really interesting squiglet as I'm right handed and my left boob is much better. Wonder if it's same for everyone...should do a poll on it!

Anyway I just made more of an effort to feed from right and I know Lo's getting enough from me. It's all too easy to give up expressing on right cos it's just too much like hard work...but I nearly got mastitis from allowing LO to feed more from left as it's easier. Now I make LO feed from oth equally it's much easier. It should get more even with time, you're still establishing BF so I wouldn't worry too much :hug:

I'm right handed and it is my right side that is more productive by far. I have a good supply on both sides, but after this long I still get pain on the right after just a few hours.

My right hand boob was the best producer and I was left handed at birth although my Mum kept changing over my hand when I was holding stuff and so now I am mostly right handed.

Chrissy mine seem to have evened out now :)

lol yeah u can get an uneven milk supply. basically the one u use most will make more milk so the way to combat it is to let the fuller one get full and try to put up with it and not feed or express it and use the other one even when it feels all soft while the other is hard! after a few days it sould even out. x

but if it doesnt bother you, it doesnt matter u dont have to try to even it. i only did this coz i was worried if i used one more than the other i'd end up with odd-looking boobs! :lol:

I got bad blisters on my left nipple right from the start so i must have put him on the right boob more as its always made more milk. It has evened out alot but i would still say it made more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back