Got a letter from the consultant - help?

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Just got a copy of a letter that my consultant has sent to my GP.

I'll type out what he's written and if anyone can help with putting some of it in English for me that'd be great. :lol:

"Results of the tests showed a normal hormonal profile with rubella serology being detected (?). Results of swabs were all normal. Her hycosy test also revealed patent fallopian tubes. Pelvic ultrasound carried out in March 2011 revealed normal uterus and endometrium but ovaries appeared polycystic in nature, otherwise both adnexa (?) were normal. Her husband's 2 semen results were both normal.

A working diagnosis was made of primary sub fertility (?) and annovulation secondary to polycystic ovarian syndrome (?)."

It just goes on to explain that I was given Norethisterone and Clomid.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

x

I'm not sure on the rubella - I guess either you are vaccinated or not. Everything else says to me normal apart from the non Ov which you have clomid for. Hormone profile fine, which means eggs are fine and thyroid etc (that's the test that picked mine up) tubes are open so all good.

The clomid has sorted your Ov so from those results id be expecting your bfp :) xx

Basically:
You have rubella immunity (good)
Besides the cysts, your reproductive organs are fine (good)
Primary = does not have children already, sub fertility = ttc but not getting pregnant for a while
You are not ovulating because of PCOS.

:)

Thanks hun, was just a bit confused about the rubella bit and primary sub fertility. :think:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back