Hair dye - better in the salon or at home?

inky

Reaction score
I usually dye my hair at home bur it never really seems to take properly and even permanent dye looks really washed out after 3 or 4 washes. Would it be better to get it done in a salon?

I prefer getting mine done at the salon because all the home dyes I've done have been a disaster lol. The only thing is the cost, so right now I have A LOT of grey!

It's always been the cost that's put me off, why spend £40 on something I can do at home for a fiver! Nevermind, I've booked myself in and had the skin test done today so will give it a go anyway. Can't hurt to get myself pampered for once eh?!

If you do all over colour and it's one colour, you can buy salon dye and use it, I am considering it at the moment, but it does look so much better when its done at the salon

I'm going to get it done at the salon just this once simply because I never have before and I fkn hate dying my hair lol! If the dye is better then that's great though, I didn't know you could buy it then use it at home!

From a hairdressing whole saler but you have to know how to mix it and what to mix it with.
It may be worth.getting hair done.at.salon and.asking what color.they are.using what brand and what percentage lotion if any they are.

The lady in the whole.sales should be able to tell you how to mix it up and also inside the tube.it tells you. X x

From a hairdressing whole saler but you have to know how to mix it and what to mix it with.
It may be worth.getting hair done.at.salon and.asking what color.they are.using what brand and what percentage lotion if any they are.

The lady in the whole.sales should be able to tell you how to mix it up and also inside the tube.it tells you. X x

Thanks smess
X

I use goldwell as that's what I used when I worked in salon. So if the places use that I can help you out. X x

hey girls im a hairdresser and have worked with wella goldwell loreal colour so if u need any help pickin mixing and how to apply the colour just let me know x

hey girls im a hairdresser and have worked with wella goldwell loreal colour so if u need any help pickin mixing and how to apply the colour just let me know x

Aww thanks hun. I'm going to look into this soon. X

I use Live Colours and have been dying my hair for 17 years. Im surprised I have any left! I will not pay salon prices when I can do it myself even if I have to do it every six weeks! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back