Hair Dye

Charmed

Reaction score
Just wondering about dying hair this early on. :think:

I normally use a Clairol permanent dye (auburn) and on the packet or instructions it doesn't say anything about using or not using when pregnant.

I have a couple of grey hairs coming through and would like to cover them up but obviously if there is a risk to baby then I will just have to throw vanity out the window.

So I'm sure what to do, any advice?

people keep telling me different things so im sat here with numerous grey hairs creaping through! I'd be interested to know the replies. I would like to just dye mine with a semi permanant but am too worried just incase it effects baby.

Claire x

I dyed my hair while pregnant!!
I think theres a chance that the colour could be a little different than usual but I think that is more if you bleach your hair!
My hair always turned out fine when I did it!
Though tbh I only used semi permanent hair dyes? The fumes from permanent can be really strong lol
If your worried, why not wait until after your 12 weeks?

Hair dye does not harm your baby!!

Well.. As far as i've read and know..

Your better off having high/low lights than putting full colour on, because then the dye never touches your scalp

But even if it did, it wount harm your baby, they used to say dont dye your hair, for the fact, that yrs and yrs ago, the chemicals were harmful, but now there not!

the only thing which is different, is your hair may not take to the colour as well, or it may go a different tone then you wanted!

I've dyed my hair (highlights)
And many of my friends who have had children did, and theres babys are just fine :) xxx

I dyed my hair a few weeks ago when I was about 6-7 weeks PG. I hope it'll be OK for the baby!! I haven't had any probs so far.

Im a hairdresser and we colour loads of mums to be in the salon. It doesnt harm the baby but some stylists wont allow it just to cover their backs. Because your hormones are all over the place they like to carry out a skin test before hand to check for a reaction to the tint.

Jade xx

Can't offer any advice other than what has alreday been given :hug:

I dyed my hair in 1st tri and it didn't take too well but as someone up there said ^^^ it was because of my hormones :roll:

Hormones Shmormones.... GRRR x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back