Hair stripper

claire2711

Reaction score
I (stupidly) dyed my hair black a few weeks ago :roll: ......I had it red for ages and want the red back!!!

I can't dye over the black.....does anyone know if I can buy anything to "strip" it out? :)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... cd980db4ad
This product is only available in America but I think this link will allow you to buy it and have it shipped (may be cheaper than going to a salon-which in my opinion if you can afford it you should).
I had a black dye disaster years ago and never again will I dye my hair black!
Make sure you get some really good conditioning treatments on your hair before you dye it red, and maybe put a light brown semi on it before the red to help it look richer and last longer.
To help fade the black in the meantime put head and shoulders shampoo onto dry hair daily then after 15 mins or so slowly rinse it out.
Good luck hun, it's gonna be quite a project for you! :hug:

I got something similar in Tesco - it's called pre-lightener (garnier nutrisse do it). I'm not sure what colour it will turn your hair but it is supposed to take the colour out. Mine went bright white!!! And I then dyed over it with the colour I wanted. It might not make your hair go quite that light (if it's black at the mo (mine was brown)) but it should take most of the colour out allowing you to dye over it.
xxxxxx

I stripper is bloody awful... honestly it will zap every nutrient out of your hair and make it straw like and coarse. I wouldn't touch the stuff. And it will never totally strip the colour out so you might end up with a dull greyish colour

If I were you I'd use a good toner while it was growing out and use Vosene shampoo or H&S...these can actually strip colour out slowly because of the harsh medicated recipe in them.

Thanks gals xxx

I'll post an update if I ever get normal-ish hair back!! :lol:

Biggest mistake of my life was dying it black. I had to buy a bleaching kit which made it go orange... not ginger but ORANGE as you can see below:-
35.jpg

Despite my hair feeling like straw for a couple of weeks it definately did a good job of getting the black out my hair. I then dyed my hair as close to my natural colour as I could find and vowed to never dye my hair again.... it is now vibrant red! :rotfl:

Chlorine (ie a good swimming session at your local swimming baths), vosene/pantene shampoo are what I use!

JoAnn&Aimee said:
Biggest mistake of my life was dying it black. I had to buy a bleaching kit which made it go orange... not ginger but ORANGE as you can see below:-

Despite my hair feeling like straw for a couple of weeks it definately did a good job of getting the black out my hair. I then dyed my hair as close to my natural colour as I could find and vowed to never dye my hair again.... it is now vibrant red! :rotfl:

I did simular to you once, but some how I ended up with white roots and orange ends!!!!! :rotfl:

I personaly think you should visit a hairdresser an get it done properly, I know its costly but it could be cheaper then if you mess up and have to fork out more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back